Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Greetings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Holiday Greetings

Many thanks to all of you for sharing your wisdom and experience, from which I h ave received far more than I could ever begin to give. Best wishes for hope and peace in the holiday season and new year.

Holiday Greetings

This forum for me has been bottom line great, it's kept me young and kept me on my toes, and it helped me to make informed choices in LF.

Stephen Willard was kind enough to send me j-pegs of Hershey, the llama/friend/camera assistant, and he looks great and ready for action. 'Keep on truckin' Hershey, and Happy Holidays to all.

Jonathan and Rennae Brewer
    Jonathan Brewer

www.imageandartifact.bz

Holiday Greetings

Merci a tous des conseils sur ce forum...Thanks to you all on advices on this board... Joyeux Noel et Bonne Annee a tout le monde....Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to eveyrbody...

Holiday Greetings

Happy holiday's to all of you!

Holiday Greetings

All the best to everyone this holiday season and good light in the new year.

Holiday Greetings

I wish you everything you wish yourselves this Christmas,

At this special time of the year, particularly in a year when so many will grieve for loved-ones absent due to the hostile acts of man in may nations, let's all gladly embrace the notion of "Peace On Earth, Good Will Toward Men". All men; whoever and wherever they may be.

It's already 08:00 am Christmas Day here in Sydney. Cloudless sunshine and temperatures heading to the mid 30's (Celsius). Yesterday Brisbane had temperatures in the 40's and the radio news has just announced the deaths of 5 people from heat exhaustion there.

Our friends in Europe are enduring a freezing cold snap. Arafat is denied passage to Bethlehem. Afghanistan is settling to the hope of a new peace (even if militarily enforced). Argentina struggles with poverty. Starving homeless refugees traverse the planet in quest of shelter and safety. And rosy cheeked children glow with anticipation and excitement as they unwrap sumptuously wrapped gifts beneath the gaze of the angel atop the tree.

With all its joys and sorrows, blessings and curses, horrors and delights this is an unpredictable, exhilarating and devasting world. But it's the only one we've got. Why do we still make a botch of it?

We, as photographers, 'draw with light' in an on-going effort to convey our appreciation, interpratation and adoration of those contrasts. We, like all other life on this little blue orb would be nothing without light - light which we often take for granted. Let's use our light wisely to enlighten, educate and amuse in the hope that, like music, photography might be a unifying language that is unaware of the boundaries of language, custom or nationality. An opportunity for us to share our thoughts with all men; whoever and wherever they may be.

"And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not." (St.John 1: v5)

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a happy, healthy and peaceful New Year.

Walter Glover

Holiday Greetings

A simple THANK YOU, to all who have helped me in my endeavor to keep an open mind and never stop learning. I would also like to say it has been an amazing pleasure to correspond with many of you regarding LF. Here's wishing all a Happy Holiday and a Peaceful New Year.

Sincerely,

Mac

Holiday Greetings

Peace on earth, goodwill to all! My prayers are with those lost during this terrible year...may our future be brighter and safer.

Merry Christmas,

John Bailey

Holiday Greetings

Thanks to all...Merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year. Steve

Holiday Greetings

It has been a joy to be part of this community. Long life to the LF Forum and Me rry Christmas to all. Joyeux Noel!