Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ebay and PayPal Policies

Consulting the pineal gland

Re: Ebay and PayPal Policies

Well, I've an update.

PayPal just sent me an email to APOLOGIZE. I checked the calender and April 1 is still a ways off, so imagine my surprise. Apparently their scripts accidentally put a 21 day hold on my payment and I am not subject to that policy... or else there was so much uproar from new people abusively subjected to it that they backed off and tried to appease.

I see people who say "don't hate on ebay and paypal". I remember eBay when it was auction-web, fees were low services few but it worked out. Now you MUST use PayPal or a private merchant account, you can't accept other forms of payment in most cases. THAT is why I now hate them, well, that and their constant site "improvements" which might make the average user buy more stuff but do nothing to help me use the site... in particular they often move features that I spend time looking for a year later because I only need them every so often. Also, they have the idiotic auction cancellations (did you know you can't put "like new" in an auction title, but it doesn't matter unless a bigger seller complains then you are supposedly spamming the search term "new" and you get slapped)

PayPal / eBay are just another example of corporate greed ruining a once great business.
    Last edited by Thebes; 22-Jan-2010 at 12:42. Reason: poor typing

^^ Right on!! I don't use feeBay or Pay-me-Pal. In fact, I have no credit cards either. I hate all CC companies and those that revolve thier business around them.

Say, aren't you the one next to the woolly mammoth at the Museum of Natural history?

I have never had the experience Brian related. Money in, money out. Of course, it's not free either selling or being paid...

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jones View Post
    I have never had the experience Brian related. Money in, money out. Of course, it's not free either selling or being paid...

Mike
    Hi Mike - I had never had this experience before either. It's a relatively new policy I believe, about a year old. If you haven't sold anything recently as I hadn't then you wouldn't have run into it. Or if you have 100 or more total ebay transactions (or maybe it's just sales, I'm not sure) then you won't run into it. There's some other exceptions as well. I had 83 ebay transactions (with 100% positive feedback) so I got hit with it.

I read somewhere that ebay/paypal is trying to get rid of the occasional customers like me who sell used equipment and become more like Amazon in selling mostly new stuff for businesses. If that's what they're trying to do they've certainly succeeded with me. And of course it's quite a nice scam for them, holding millions of dollars of other people's money that they get to invest for three weeks at no cost to them.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Mike, do you still maintain your stash of firearms to guard against the Feds encroaching on your “rights”?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    ^^ Right on!! I don't use feeBay or Pay-me-Pal. In fact, I have no credit cards either. I hate all CC companies and those that revolve thier business around them.