Thread: Procedure for Copyrighting Images

ARS KC2UU

Procedure for Copyrighting Images

Greetings everyone: It has been years since I copyrighted anything and in those days it was computer code. So I admit to being totally ignorant of the process for copyrighting photographic images. Can anyone advise me the best way to start? Some sound advice would be greatly appreciated. Regards. Bob G.
    All natural images are analog. But the retina converts them to digital on their way to the brain.

bdkphoto

Re: Procedure for Copyrighting Images

Quote Originally Posted by rguinter View Post
    Greetings everyone: It has been years since I copyrighted anything and in those days it was computer code. So I admit to being totally ignorant of the process for copyrighting photographic images. Can anyone advise me the best way to start? Some sound advice would be greatly appreciated. Regards. Bob G.
    Register with the Library of Congress copyright office, which can now be done online.
    Tutorials are available at www.asmp.org, and www.editoralphoto.com.

www.copyright.gov LOC site.

It's all there.

Depending on how much you shoot, I recommend you make a submission at least one a year by the end of the year, so that you can register all "unpublished" photos at once. It will save some money. Otherwise, if you "publish" more often, submit at regular intervals, such as quarterly or every 6 months. The fee is only $35 per submission, so if you submitted 4 times a year, it won't break the bank and your photos are registered.
    Mike

ARS KC2UU

Quote Originally Posted by mdd99 View Post
    Depending on how much you shoot, I recommend you make a submission at least one a year by the end of the year, so that you can register all "unpublished" photos at once. It will save some money. Otherwise, if you "publish" more often, submit at regular intervals, such as quarterly or every 6 months. The fee is only $35 per submission, so if you submitted 4 times a year, it won't break the bank and your photos are registered.
    Thanks Mike. I'm still in the process of scanning everything I feel is of value and when complete I'll follow through and make a submission. To date I've never published anything but planning ahead for the future. Regards. Bob G.
    All natural images are analog. But the retina converts them to digital on their way to the brain.