Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: photographs of dreams

multiplex

photographs of dreams

has anyone made photographs of their dreams? sometimes i get a dream-like effect with my printing or a negative i made, but i have never been able to put a dream on photo paper.

i read somewhere that scientists came to some sort of a conclusion that we dream in silence and black and white, and when we wake up our minds put color and sounds to the images.

have you ever heard of this? thanks for your thoughts

- john

photographs of dreams

I attempted to make a photograph of one of my dreams, but my wife came in and made her put clothes on.

Merry Christmas,

photographs of dreams

Go find a book of Jerry Uelsmann's phtographs. Sandy Skogland is pretty good at this sort of thing too.

photographs of dreams

Are you sure about the sound part? A while back I had a dream where my ex-wife(the first wife and the worst wife) is cursing me out. You mean to say I put those words in her mouth? Is the color cmyk or rgb?
    Jonathan Brewer

www.imageandartifact.bz

photographs of dreams

Jonathan, he said "Dream," not "Nightmare!"

photographs of dreams

Oh......Happy Holidays
    Jonathan Brewer

www.imageandartifact.bz

photographs of dreams

John, You ought to check out the Wim Wenders film "Until the end of the world"

photographs of dreams

John,

Is this Question really correct? Because I have made Photographs "During" and "In"my Dreams and God knows I've done the same thing during and in my Nightmares!! But "OF MY DREAMS," now that's a Workshop I want to attend. Sounds like I may get the REST I need.. ;-)

Mac

photographs of dreams

Also, on the Wim Wenders stint try Wings of Desire. It is one of the most beautiful films and very dream like.

Happy Holidays Ec

photographs of dreams

I also like the suggestion of looking at Wenders. Of course the classic dream sequences come from Hitchcock, but I think those were less his own dreams than Freud's. And of course that would bring you to Salvador Dali, who collaborated with Hitchcock on _Spellbound_ and made his own interesting dream images in paint and on film (see the short film _Un chien andalou_, if you haven't already).

See if you can get a copy of the catalogue of the current Surrealism exhibit at the Tate Modern in London (which should be travelling to other major cities over the next few years, if London isn't convenient to you). I thought the exhibit focused a bit excessively on the erotic to the exclusion of other interesting issues in Surrealism (not that the erotic isn't a major issue), but it's an excellent assemblage of works from the period.