Thread: Another guy from Idaho

Another guy from Idaho

Just had to say hi to everyone and especially the other members from Idaho. I just enjoy learning about photography and LF is my weakest area. I actually shoot mostly Mamiya Press cameras and DSLR. As part of a recent purchase I obtained a Galvin
    2 1/4 X 3 1/4. It's never been used and there's not a scratch or mark on it. I've always thought about getting a view camera and I'm fighting the urge to resell it. I have questions about lenses, but I'll post that later. I would be interested in meeting some of the other members in Idaho and will contact some of you later. I've lived all over Idaho from Pocatello, Idaho Falls, Newdale, Challis, Mackay, Arco and now Boise.
    I read the forum almost everyday and really enjoy it. Moreso than the forums that just nitpick over pixels. This is probably the best place to learn about photography, which I'm still doing, even though I bought my first camera in 1958.
    Jim

Re: Another guy from Idaho

welcome jim,

i get out to idaho for photography as much as i can. i have relatives in IF, Pocatello (i went to ISU for a bit), twin, gooding, boise and a few scattered in the sawtooths ....

i am sure jon w will chime in. he is in your "town"

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Howdy Jim,
    Welcome. After 26 years in the Sawtooth Valley, I moved down river to Challis. Although, I still spend a lot of time in Stanley. It's big country around here, meant for big film! Have fun and good luck.

Thad

Welcome to group therepy! Better watch out...that little Gavin could cause a serious case of "LF Desease"!

Welcome. I lived in Boise for 7 years. 1999 to 2006. Loved Idaho. If it was a weekend I was out somewhere with the camera. Anywhere where there was mountains, rocks or water. However life got in the way and had to move back to PA. I miss it. Great place to learn the craft on this site. Enjoy.