Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Adox MCC 110

Re: Adox MCC 110

Quote Originally Posted by chuck461 View Post
    ...consider the 16X20 and cut it down...
    Good idea, and one package of 16x20 ($94.99) costs less than four packages of 8x10 (4 x $25.99 = $103.96). That works out to 18 cents per cut for your labor. And the 16x20 is in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck461 View Post
    ...Hopefully Freestyle will figure out what they need to stock, and get 100 sheet boxes...
    It's not Freestyle's decision; Adox has so far only offered the 25-sheet packages.

While it's a RC paper, I've been using some of the MCP310 along with the MCC110. Pretty nice RC paper (and it comes in a 100 sheet box).

Mike

I was sent a 5 sheet trial pack, and what I printed looked good also, although you can't do much testing with only 5 sheets!
    Thank you for the additional info, as I am going to want to buy some more paper soon, and I think I will give the Adox a try.
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    I guess not, they show it out of stock. Does it only come in 25 sheet packs?
    Update.

I heard from Freestyle this morning. They will be shipping the 8x10 on Monday, 2/4/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post

I heard from Freestyle this morning. They will be shipping the 8x10 on Monday, 2/4/10.
    Update.

Freestyle currently has this paper in stock. My backorder shipped on Friday, 1/29/10.

I just got some from Freestyle. I printed last night in Ilford Multigrade developer. Someone who did tests said that it's about a contrast grade lower than Bergger. My session last night confirmed that with that particular negative. The print I worked on was a #2 filter for 22 seconds with Bergger, with the Adox it was a #3 filter for 30 seconds. I compared against Oriental G2 and G3. The Adox definitely looked much nicer. With dry down it definitely was nicer than either.

Tonight I tried a negative that is very black and white that I had done with Bergger and Oriental, both with a #2 filter. Adox was fine with the #2 though it's times were longer than the Bergger and a little shorter than the Oriental. So I guess that contrast comparison isn't a generality. The negative did have some areas that I had to burn in on Bergger paper (light greys on a white background) but I didn't have to burn with the Adox. Tonight I tried everything in my school locker Forte semi-matte, Bergger, Oriental G2 and G3. Adox and Bergger looked nicest. We'll see what dry down looks like tomorrow.

Bergger has been my paper of choice for quite awhile (replacing Oriental) and with their coating situation in flux it's looking like I have a replacement paper for the time being. With more testing and printing maybe it'll be a permanent replacement.

It does seem lightweight though. Also, it develops really fast. Overall, good stuff. Since I can't get Bergger right now I'm going to order more of this and run with it.

Beverly Hills, California

I believe Freestyle has a house brand that is identical to this Adox MCC 110 paper. I used it last night to print about 80 contact sheets. Box says Made in the E.U. and the Freestyle salesman said it is the old Agfa Multicontrast emulsilsion formula - in Germany - on a new paper based in a new facility - matching the descriprion of Adox MC 110. 25 sheet11x14 packs for $20.89.

It develops really fast in the developer and has other qualities y'all mention. I will look at package when I get home. Has a nice look to it. Some subtle nature scenes looked really nice.

But remember, it is still "just" an RC paper. Additionally, years ago Ctein reported in his book "Post Exposure" possible archival issues with Agfa MC B&W papers.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Noble View Post
    I believe Freestyle has a house brand that is identical to this Adox MCC 110 paper...But remember, it is still "just" an RC paper...
    If this Freestyle paper is repackaged Berlin-produced Adox, it's MCP 310 (glossy) or MCP 312 (semi-matte), not MCC 110. MCC 110 is fiber-based.

Beverly Hills, California

"It's MCP 312 (semi-matte), not MCC 110. MCC 110 is fiber-based."

I stand corrected.

So, Freestyle house Arista Private Reserve RC VC Semi Matte = Adox MCP 312.

Drew Wiley

Just got around to souping this paper in amidol, which develops it just as fast as
    glycin. Curiously, the image color came out about the same, slightly warm. In Selenium it doesn't go purplish/mauve like the old Brillant Bromide, nor chestnut
    like Seagull, at least not in typical toning times. Don't what it would do if you left
    it forever in the toner. This is an impressive paper, but apparently not the best
    choice if you need a true cold tone.