Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Hello everyone.

I’m John from Pennsylvania. Just acquired my first view camera, a 5x7 field type with a 4x5 reducing back, and thought I would introduce myself to the group. I’ve been shooting 35mm and MF for several years and finally took the plunge into LF. I’m extremely excited about it. My plan is to start off making 5x7 contact prints then move on to 4x5 enlargements.

This forum has been very helpful in researching my purchasing decisions. The forum’s participants provide thoughtful and insightful answers to the questions posted, it is a tremendous resource for the nubie. I time I hope to share my experiences with other nubies but for now I’ll probably be mostly picking your brains. My list of technical questions is already beginning to mount.

It’s a pleasure to be here.

Re: Introduction

Welcome to group therepy, John. Hope you enjoy the big cameras...its a different world from the little ones, kind of a slower pace; most folks shoot with all sizes depending on what words best for a given situation. Don't give up the 35's and MF's, but enjoy the added features of the big negatives and the full movements available in the cameras.

John,you went the same route as me,Ive have a Bruke and James 5x7 with a 4x5 reducing back,also a speed graphic when I want to travel light(4x5).I intended to start doing 5x7 Carbine Transfers and 4x5 enlargements.Great set up,you will have fun.

Welcome, John.

Welcome to the forum from Delaware.
    Thanks.
    CW

Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee. - The Yeti

Hi John