Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beginners Advice.

Re: Beginners Advice.

With regard to my previous post, I incorrectly stated CD-4 whereas I meant to say CD-3

I would add that the jobo tanks for developing 120 on a CPP-2 are the 2500 series tanks so if you are wanting to keep costs down, then use 2500 series tanks which can also do 4x5 film with the 2509N reels. i.e. you don't need the expensive expert tanks to develop 4x5 but they are easier to load than the 2509N reels.

Thanks all for the advice. It looks like the Jobo would be the way to go & i just found out that it can do prints as well. Only thing that makes me think twice about it is that i really don't shoot that much so the chemistry would go bad before i use it up.

Thanks - Rupa

well if you are really only an occasional user then you may consider using the 3 bath e-6 kits which are cheaper. But also if you use the 3 bath e-6 kit then you can use the CPE-2 which is significantly cheaper than the CPP-2.
    For occasional use the CPP-2 is probably overkill.
    The CPE-2 takes 2500 series tanks. I don't think it takes expert tanks.

Well, i have decided to get one of these: http://www.phototherm.com/sk8rh.html .
    It sound absolutely perfect for me & my setup,

I am still 100% sure about the chemistry.
    It looks like Fuji only sells their E6 Chemistry in BULK. I came across the "Kodak E6 single use kit" but am not 100% sure on what they mean by "Single Use".......
    Also are there any Australians here that can recommend a good place to source chemistry ?

Cheers - Rupa

Wow, I'd like one too, that would really be nice.

I did not realize though that you would consider $5000 cheap. Are there a bunch of these in the used market that I have missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Barendt View Post

I did not realize though that you would consider $5000 cheap. Are there a bunch of these in the used market that I have missed?
    I came across one (Smaller Version) used for $700 (AUD)...... At the moment there are 2 available on UK ebay for 495 Pounds (each) if your interested in one. They do not have shipping other than to UK, but i'm sure if you asked nicely they would do it (as it is not that big).

Quote Originally Posted by rupal View Post

Also are there any Australians here that can recommend a good place to source chemistry ?
    Anyone ???

Well, i have decided to get one of these: http://www.phototherm.com/sk8rh.html .
    It sound absolutely perfect for me & my setup,

I am still 100% sure about the chemistry.
    It looks like Fuji only sells their E6 Chemistry in BULK. I came across the "Kodak E6 single use kit" but am not 100% sure on what they mean by "Single Use".......

Cheers - Rupa
    the kodak single use kit is what it says. You mix up enough chemistry for the film you need to develop and bin the chemistry after one use. i.e. its not reuseable. The 6 bath kit will give you better results than most labs which use the reuseable chemistry or those which use 3 bath kits.

Hi, what is the cheapest & easiest setup, to get started in processing my own 4x5 & 120 E6 film ? The Only darkroom experience i have is loading film. Right now i am paying my local Lab (The only lab that does E6 in my area) $7 (AUD) per sheet. I was hoping someone could head me in the right direction.

Thanks - Rupa
    Switch to B&W??
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White