Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8x10 Polaroid

8x10 Polaroid

Folks,

I've been working with 4x6 polaroid pos/negs more and, the more I do it, the more I like it. Amazing potential.

Now, pursuant to another thread of mine, concerning longer lenses, I'm looking to get into an 8x10 kit. Is there any comprehensive information out there on Polaroids for 8x10? I'm completely ignorant.

8x10 Polaroid

There is no pos/neg 8x10 but I use T804 for proofing. I love the Clalumet processor because it is easily taken in the field for on-site processing and is quite good. None of it is as convenient as the 4x5 because it doesn't come in ready-load packets, but it is an interesting system.

8x10 Polaroid

Great info -- does anyone know of manuals, how-to's, etc., to get started?

8x10 Polaroid

In the words of Poet Laureate Robert Frost, who when asked to expalin one of his poems, replied "What, you want me to say it worse?"

Polaroid; http://www.polaroid.com

8x10 Polaroid

Alas. Mr. Frost had a point, but Polaroid hasn't -- I'm really looking for practical tips, equipment suggestions, etc., etc. beyond the scope of their site offerings.

8x10 Polaroid

I'm with Ellis: a question this broad deserves an equally broad answer:

http://www.google.com/search? hl=en&q=8x10+polaroid" turns up a few good links...

...as does http://www.goog le.com/search? sourceid=navclient&q=site:www.photo.net+8x10+polaroid

I wish my browser's history was endless so I could tell you which sites I read when I was researching this...

8x10 Polaroid

Thanks -- I appreciate both answers, really, and everyone's time for chiming in!

8x10 Polaroid

George,

I use the processor in my explorer with a voltage converter, works fine, with no aparent damage to either.

Rob, T-805, is what u would be looking for, Working with this for a year now, and still have major issues. Here's the hint, negatives develop in 20 seconds. Try clearing these in the field, tons of fun Bill

8x10 Polaroid

Bill, when you say, referring to "T-805," that you've been "Working with this for a year now, and still have major issues." what do you mean? Is T-805 an 8x10 P/N product in development? Or is it commercially available? Thanks in advance for the clarification.