Thread: Rare Opportunity: Paul Caponigro Workshop with Ron Rosenstock In Ireland

Eric Biggerstaff

Rare Opportunity: Paul Caponigro Workshop with Ron Rosenstock In Ireland

All,

I wanted to post an announcement for a very rare opporunity.

Paul Caponigro will be conducting a workshop / photo tour with Ron Rosenstock in Ireland during June 2010. I believe the workshop is open to all formats and you can gain detailed information at: http://www.phototc.com/tours/tour.php?tour=12

Paul just celebrated his 77th birthday and it is very rare for him to conduct workshops or tours. This is 10 days in Ireland and is a great opporunity for photographers to spend time with such a celebrated master (not to mention that Ron ranks way up there as well!). Chances are that an opportunity such as this will not happen again.

As you know, Paul made many of his most famous images in Ireland and Ron has produced a lovely book of his Ireland images as well. You could not ask for two better guides for a trip such as this.

I hope a few who have the ability will take advantage of such a special opportunity!

Have a great day,

Eric
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

Re: Rare Opportunity: Paul Caponigro Workshop with Ron Rosenstock In Ireland

My wife and I went on Ron's 10 day Ireland tour (without Paul Caponigro) and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to photograph Ireland. Ron is a great guy, a wonderful host and tour guide, his house is set up perfectly for photo groups, the cooking was great, and since he's lived in Ireland off and on for many years he knows all the best photographic sites and restaurants for meals in the field. Obviously having Paul Caponigro along should be a huge added bonus.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Biggerstaff View Post
    All,

I wanted to post an announcement for a very rare opporunity.

Paul Caponigro will be conducting a workshop / photo tour with Ron Rosenstock in Ireland during June 2010. I believe the workshop is open to all formats and you can gain detailed information at: http://www.phototc.com/tours/tour.php?tour=12

Paul just celebrated his 77th birthday and it is very rare for him to conduct workshops or tours. This is 10 days in Ireland and is a great opporunity for photographers to spend time with such a celebrated master (not to mention that Ron ranks way up there as well!). Chances are that an opportunity such as this will not happen again.

As you know, Paul made many of his most famous images in Ireland and Ron has produced a lovely book of his Ireland images as well. You could not ask for two better guides for a trip such as this.

I hope a few who have the ability will take advantage of such a special opportunity!

Have a great day,

Eric
    Congratulations to Paul, and those fortunate enough to participate. Brian speaks well of the workshop experience with Ron; I can only add that Paul is unique in thought and vision, and his participation will be stimulating to those in attendance.

On a personal note, I met Paul in Boston when he was 27, and not that well known. We took our cameras out one day, Paul at the wheel, and had good conversation. I don't believe either of us made an exposure, but we did exchange prints. His beautiful image of "Hartford Wall, 1959" has graced our entry for many years; printed on Medalist paper. I have seen many prints over the years, but never one like this. It glows!

Eric, sounds like you are sold on such a venture; any chance?

Eric Biggerstaff

Merg,

I only wish I could go! Paul is one of my all time favorite photographers and Ron is wonderful as well. Not sure I have the funds for this one but I may try and save my pennies. Ron asked if I would let other photographers know of this opportunity so I thought I would post it here as this would be a wonderful experience for those fortunate enough to have the resources to attend.

Happy New Year!

Eric
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com