Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Hello Big Guys / Women with the Big Guns.
    After spending thousands of hours and thousands of dollars on 35 mm and MF gear, I knew that it was only a matter of time for me to make this plunge in to LF.
    What really tipped the bucket, was when an executive of Wista personally gave me a three hour private presentation of their products at their Tokyo plant.
    Then to top it off, a Tokyo camera dealer sent me the RF, SP and the VX cameras to test out and return whatthat I did not want; of course I have to pay for what I keep.
    It appears that I will purchase the SP or the RF and the SP.
    It may sounds silly, but I have never clicked the shutter of a loaded LF camera.

Well back to reading the post to figure out how to use these big guns.

Re: Introduction

Hello.

Welcome to group therepy...try Ansel Adams' "Camera and Lens" for a start...he gives a pretty good and understandable explanation on the use, care, and feeding of the beasts.

Better do it quickly as they are all out of production and stocks are limited to what are on hand since the factory that made the castings for these cameras for Wista has closed and the tools are no longer available. This has no effect on the wood Wista cameras in cherry, rosewood, ebony or quince wood.

Quote Originally Posted by gowista View Post
    Hello Big Guys / Women with the Big Guns.
    After spending thousands of hours and thousands of dollars on 35 mm and MF gear, I knew that it was only a matter of time for me to make this plunge in to LF.
    What really tipped the bucket, was when an executive of Wista personally gave me a three hour private presentation of their products at their Tokyo plant.
    Then to top it off, a Tokyo camera dealer sent me the RF, SP and the VX cameras to test out and return whatthat I did not want; of course I have to pay for what I keep.
    It appears that I will purchase the SP or the RF and the SP.
    It may sounds silly, but I have never clicked the shutter of a loaded LF camera.

Well back to reading the post to figure out how to use these big guns.
    Very cool!Steve Simmons book was a big help to me getting started.

C