This post was in reply to eddies Post "doorways/entrances"
i.e., skip to 'second comment' below

First Comment
This post asks about the lenses used to photograph these pics. "Where's the beef?"
Perhaps it's a silly question bec you've been doing it so long you look at these submissions and say, "Aha, that was a 150mm Superwhatever on 4x6 XYZ souped in pyrosplat" Some members took just a few minutes extra typing and I want to go on record: Thankyou. That was VERY helpful in developing my skills as a LF-wanabe.

Second comment
Here's a chestnut for you: Search, Advanced Search, type "doorways", {alternatively, do likewise for the words "entrances" "portals" you get the idea}, and select "Titles" and you'll get....nothing.
Now simply select Search then type "doorways" & Eddie's thread is the first on the list. (?!)

(nb: repeated this twice to make sure I wasn't saying something that ain't so)

Eddie had a great idea for this thread, but why is it opaque to the advanced search engine? This issue is an important one for two reasons. First, it would be nice on this end because I'm planning a trip and on trips what do we photograph? Second and more important, is there something wrong with the engine? Perhaps there is an experienced person out there that knows what to do about this. As Eddie said, this will be a fun thread. I think it is one of those "root" themes (rusty things, water's edge,...) and the thread should be marked with 'a bigger signal flag' or 'that exit ought to have a real sign' or some other silly analogy.

Thoughts on this? Does such a site exist? Please PM.