Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPod and LF Forum

Re: iPod and LF Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Renato Tonelli View Post
    Now, wait a second! You folks mean to tell me that you can routinely figure out filter factors, bellows factor, N-, N+ exposure/development, reciprocity failure tables, 1/4 f/stops, compose with the image upside down, etc.
    There's an app for all that. Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato Tonelli View Post
    Now, wait a second! You folks mean to tell me that you can routinely figure out filter factors, bellows factor, N-, N+ exposure/development, reciprocity failure tables, 1/4 f/stops, compose with the image upside down, etc. BUT not how to use an iPod? Heaven's-to mergatroy! It can't be! Exit, stage right.
    It's not the mental activity involved that is the problem, it's the interface. Some of us don't think like "the rest of us."

However, the OP does use his iPod to view the forum, so does anyone out there know the answer to his question?

Mike Lewis

I just tried this on the iPod Touch I bought a few weeks ago. I don't see a solution. It looks to me like you do indeed have to resize the text every time you go to a new thread. I think some websites are more iPod friendly than others.
    Mike Lewis
    mikelewisimages.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Woodbury View Post
    More and more, I check this forum with my iPod. The problem I have is that after I select a thread, I have to resize so I can read the thread and then if I go to another thread, I have to do it again. I'm wondering if this is the way the iPod is or is there a way to make LF Forum more friendly towards iPods. Also, is there a way to make the line width of LF forum the same as the iPod width so that I don't have to scan back and forth?

Thanks.
    I think you're stuck with doing this. The way I browse is viewing the site horizontally and then double tapping on the middle of a post. It zooms the thread so it fits the screen fully. I don't think there's really any other way of doing it. The other option is for the site admin to install an iphone optimized theme.

Eric,
    This is a common problem for older forums. Have you been using a "double tap" on the screen to resize? This is generally the fastest way to get the text to fit the screen on either the iPhone or the iPod touch. Best I can offer until we get a mobile version of the forum.
    Ric
    Ric Raymond
    Blue Heron Images

Eric Woodbury

Double tap is a good trick that I did not know about. I should have asked my kids. It is a big help. Thanks.
    my picture blog
    ejwoodbury.blogspot.com

Eric,
    You are welcome. Trying to keep up with the kids is a full time job sometimes.

Welly,
    Sorry for repeating your answer on the "double tap". I didn't carefully read all of your reply.

Ric
    Ric Raymond
    Blue Heron Images

i have a tripod can i visit three forums at once??

Eric Woodbury

I should have posted this in the "Humor" section.
    my picture blog
    ejwoodbury.blogspot.com