Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #1 excuse for taking a "mental health day"...

#1 excuse for taking a "mental health day"...

...there is a possibility of snow in Yosemite Valley sometime this week!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Re: #1 excuse for taking a "mental health day"...

Yosemite - there was snow in Baton Rouge yesterday! This climate change stuff is going to be exciting.

My sweetie has the day off.
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

The current Yosemite forecast is for a possible 14 to 24 inches of snow tonight thru Monday night. The next system which was scheduled to roll thru on Wednesday is now rescheduled for the weekend instead. Next weekend might be better as the storm is supposed to carry more punch and there will be an existing base of snow on the ground.

Here in the Bay, snow is forecast as low as the 500' level in the North Bay to the 1500' level in the south bay. This could be a good time to image some of the higher peaks in the Bay with a dusting of snow. I'm going to try for Mt. Diablo (3800') tomorrow and Mt. Hamilton (4500').

Snow in Baton Rouge??? Wow, that's got to be a fun time back there. I'm from N.O. and can remember the two times it snowed when I was a kid. I remember my grandmother running into the house from the back yard yelling "There's ice falling from the sky!" Not much accumulation as far as snow goes - about 1/4" - but great fun for everyone except those driving around in their cars - more fender benders than a super computer could keep-up with - but great fun for us kids. A holiday too!

Ron Miller

#1 excuse for taking a "mental health day"?

If I finish it today, I'll just get more of the same crap to do tomorrow anyway.

Ron Miller

#1 excuse for taking a "mental health day" ?

I really wanna try out Sandy Kings 2-bath Pyrocat-HD.

Preston Birdwell

"#1 excuse for taking a "mental health day" ?"

It is snowing over an inch/hour here in Columbia (2,200 ft elev). The college campus is closed, so I can stay home.

My wife works in Yosemite Valley. We spoke this morning, and she said it is snowing hard. So, now's the time, if you can head up there! Drive safely if you do!

-Preston
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

We were forecasted for rain/snow, but the skies are clear and it is cold outside (22F). It will be a cold bicycle ride to work! I'll have to rethink my clothing!

It does look like the Sierras are getting some weather while here on the NW coast is clear...

http://www.ghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/goeswestpacusir.html

Not too much accumalation in Yosemite Valley so far, but its happening...the funny thing is that it is 12F warmer there than here on the NorCal coast!

http://www.yosemite.org/DSN/wwwyosem...m/ahwahnee.jpg

Fortunately, I just tell my boss that I want to take the day off (or a week) to photograph and he says, "Go for it!". I like my job! Now if I can only get my wife to let me disappear for a week or so!

Vaughn

Because I really need to take a day off.

I'm retired. Every day is a mental health day. What day of the week is this?
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.