Thread: The American West, Then and Now

The American West, Then and Now

Large format photographer Scott Edwards will be featured in a Texas museum exhibition alongside original paintings by Western masters: Frederic Remington, Charles M. Russell and others in an exhibit entitled “The American West, Then and Now” in which the paintings will represent the Old West, and 25 of Scott Edwards’ black and white photographs will depict the West today.

In addition to the exhibit, Edwards has garnered a residency to lecture at Texas A&M and conduct photography workshops at the Forsyth Gallery in Bryan.

Opening reception January 15, 2010
    110 N. Main Street
    Bryan, Texas

Re: The American West, Then and Now

Quote Originally Posted by catshaver View Post
    In addition to the exhibit, Edwards has garnered a residency to lecture at Texas A&M and conduct photography workshops at the Forsyth Gallery in Bryan.
    That's pretty slick since A&M does not have an art department (at least it didn't when I was there). It must be in the history department, or perhaps in the architecture school, where I received all my collegiate art and photography training, such as it was.

His arrival is only about 30-odd years too late for me. The best we could do was an evening lecture and subsequent bull session with Peter Gowland. (Which wasn't bad!)

Rick "hoping lots of budding photographers take advantage of this opportunity" Denney

Re: The American West, Then and Now

Changes:

"American West, Then and Now" in now exhibition only.
    Opening January 8 with a meet and greet reception January 15.