Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robert White & Badger

Robert White & Badger

Not a question but a compliment. I have been dealing with Robert White for abou t 2 years now. I know they laugh when I order from them my system "Du Jour" I have purchased 6x8, 6x17, 6x9 and now 4x5 equipment from them. They have been v ery helpfull and Matt and Robert both offered advice that has been right on (eve n if I made the mistake of not following some of it).

I also purchase gear from Jeff at Badger Graphic. Another amazing supplier who is always willing to share knowledge. Even when I have, in retrospect, asked so me really dumb questions as I learned LF.

Although they compete on some items there are enough variation in their inventor y that I will be dealing with both to fullfill my equipment addiction. Supplier s of this quality are a tremendous resource to the large and MF community.

Just my two cents.

Robert White & Badger

Completely agree, had nothing but positive experiences with Robert White. So let me guess: Fuji GX 680, Fuji 617, Fuji GSW 6x9 and Arca Swiss or Ebony 4x5? Which do you like best?

Robert White & Badger

Very close guess! Fuji 680, Linhof 617, Silvestri 6x9 & 6x12, and Ebony SV45U. Before that was an endless string of Nikon 35mm gear. Now 35mm looks too anemic to even think about for landscapes.

Robert White & Badger

Sorry Andreas, I forgot to answer your question. It is a toss up between 617 and 4x5. I really like panoramic format and find myself cropping 4x5 to a 2:1 or 3:1 ration. The pans sell better also.

Robert White & Badger

Thanks Scott for the post. Many on these forums who have been in LF for some time already know of the service and reliability of Badger and Robert White. I think it is good to once in a while mention the good retailers/suppliers (I would add Midwest Photo Exchange and Freestyle) who are helpful and backup what they sell. God only knows for every good supplier there are 5 who would screw their own granmother out of her last penny.

For a good source of feedback on retailers go to the community forums on photonet.com and search (i believe) photo retailers and suppliers. It is a real eye opener. It will save readers from making a costly mistake in the future.

Robert White & Badger

Mr Cad is also out of the UK, and even returned my call to me in the States regarding my purchase, great prices, great service.
    Jonathan Brewer

www.imageandartifact.bz

Robert White & Badger

The likes of Robert White are worth their weight in gold.

Robert White & Badger

I have never dealt with these two dealers and am glad to hear of them. Is is appropriate to name names of bad dealers here? I had one very bad experience and would like to post it but don't want to incur wrath if it is deemed inappropriate.

Robert White & Badger

I want to second the nomination of Midwest Photo Exchange as an honorable place to get LF gear.

Robert White & Badger

I want to THIRD the commendation of Miwest Photo EX. I have dealt many times with them. I trust them completely to be honest and fair either buying or selling gear.