Thread: Workshop: Introduction to Large Format Photography: Feb 13-14, 2010. Alabama Hills

Michael E. Gordon

Workshop: Introduction to Large Format Photography: Feb 13-14, 2010. Alabama Hills

Despite the digital photography boom, large format film photography is witnessing a resurgence of interest and an increase in users. Large format negatives and transparencies offer extraordinary resolution, and view cameras offer extraordinary control over fine focus and perspective. Simply stated, a large format camera offers the ultimate in photographic control over the creative image-making process. Further, a market flooded with used but clean large format gear and a couple of new economical yet quality view camera manufacturers have made this an excellent time to enter the world of large format with only a moderate amount of expense (a good LF kit can cost and weigh less than a professional D-SLR kit).

My teaching methods and techniques are direct and easy to comprehend, and I will successfully put you in full control of your camera. At the completion of this intensive two-day workshop, you will be able to efficiently and confidently compose, focus, and expose your own photographs.

For more information on this workshop and to register, please visit my website. Thank you for your interest.

Michael E. Gordon

Re: Workshop: Introduction to Large Format Photography: Feb 13-14, 2010. Alabama Hill

This winter has treated the Sierra Nevada very well - our High Sierra backdrop will be fat and white! Because this workshop coincides with Valentine's Day, I still have a few openings.

Re: Workshop: Introduction to Large Format Photography: Feb 13-14, 2010. Alabama Hill

Have a great workshop! The Alabama Hills is a great place to photograph -- especially with large format! I will be part of a workshop here in the Redwoods that same weekend. Here's to good weather for us both!

Vaughn