Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another G'day from Aussieland

Re: Another G'day from Aussieland

Welcome from another Melbournian. I shoot, develop, scan and digital print 5x4 color neg. See you around.

PS. I searched this site for Pat and didn't find him. Can sombody give me an extra clue please?

Thumbs up Re: Another G'day from Aussieland

Quote Originally Posted by OldBikerPete View Post
    PS. I searched this site for Pat and didn't find him. Can sombody give me an extra clue please?
    I think his handle is actually "apt", not "pat"

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    I think his handle is actually "apt", not "pat"
    Yes, I found 'largeformat apt' and all his posts but did not find any threads as described.

Lachlan 717

Quote Originally Posted by kev curry View Post
    Skippy's best mate suffering his fate at the claws of a Dropbear!

R.I.P...
    I really don't find these young ones as scary as their parents...

Currently sitting in Manchester, UK. The weather here makes the idea of winter in The Otways seem like paradise...

Can't wait to get home and get my hands on my new camera.

Happy to have a beer and talk some sh#t with the Melbourne crew when I get home.

Lachlan.

G'day from another Aussie, stranded nearer the North Pole.

Grew up in the outer Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Ringwood when it was orchards, Upwey when it was still serviced by Puffing Billy from Ferntree Gully, and Warrandyte before the Yuppies moved in and started clearing the bush.

When my educated contemporaries finished Uni, they all went to Europe or the Himalayas. I stayed home, bought a Jeep (pictured here with me in 1974) and went bush. The Grampians, The Little Desert, Maree, Oodnadatta, Alice Springs and up to Darwin. My cameras were crappy, and I was for the most part focusing on survival. Later years I fell in love with the Great Dividing Ranges, studied Art at Bendigo and lived out beyond in the flat, wheat, sheep and cattle districts.

The Horn at Mt Buffalo my favourite place from whence to see the sun rise. I had only a TLR Yashica then. Next time I will be there with the Technika 4x5.

Never fussed by all those supposedly poisonous beasts, I've slept rough everywhere. Never been bitten. Have a great admiration for snakes of all kinds, and I've met many of them. Just let them go there way.

Now in Norway and England. I miss the most peaceful times and places in Australia, sitting by a camp fire, or on the veranda at sunset, listening to the Magpies and Kookaburras. I sometimes hear a Currawong in my dreams. Ohhh, and the smells of the bush.

In Melbourne it is regular visits to the Astor, a beautifully kept Art Deco cinema, and Sunday morning breakfasts with friends in Chapel street.

(Do you get the impression I'm homesick?)

Back to the Technika, I could also bring a 5x7, but I think I'd be hard pressed getting film.

Cheers, Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by OldBikerPete View Post
    Yes, I found 'largeformat apt' and all his posts but did not find any threads as described.
    Try here Pete
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum214/...ters-aust.html

Dear Steve,

Welcome to the group...

jim k

Lachlan 717

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    (Do you get the impression I'm homesick?)

Yep, and you're kinda making me the same!

"Watching" the cricket on the computer is not the same as being there...

Lachlan

PS,

My Dad misspends his retirement working on Puffing Billy, and I misspent my youth playing footy and baseball for Upwey!

Wow, sounds like there's a whole lot of homesick Aussies out there in the world! My lady is determined to get me on a plane and off of this island next year, maybe I will show her this post as a good plea in my defence of "why would you ever want to leave this place?!"

Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone, looking forward to seeing you all around, in the forums and possibly in 'real' life too.

Cheers,

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Great to see we are getting a few Aussies, Welcome to the group, I live out of Mansfield Vic