I'm looking for a portrait lens for a 4x5 Gowlandflex TLR I'm planning to buy, and I've narrowed the focal length of the lens between 240mm and 300mm. I'm new to LF (shoot MF film with a TLR and crop sensor digital 35mm) so the idiosyncracies of LF are mostly new to me. I'd be shooting mainly full-length in a spacious studio, but would also like versatility to do tight facials.

I've been looking at quite a few 4x5 photos online, and I've found the full-face shots with 240mm show too much distortion to my tastes. Head and shoulders are marginal, but full-length is good. It looks like the relatively long minimum focusing distance would make tight facials with the 300mm impossible, though. I assume this is due to the bellows length of the Gowlandflex?

According to Mr Gowland's website a 240mm lens would focus at 1m. FOV calculator shows roughly 38cm x 30cm FOV at that distance - pretty much perfect for a facial. While there's no minimum focusing distance listed for a 300mm lens, it looks like it's well beyond 1.5m - and that would mean 48cm x 38cm, a head and shoulders shot.

So now I'm torn between two choices: the appealing perspective of the 300mm without the ability to shoot uncropped facials, or the versatility of the 240mm with (admittedly minor) distortion.

Do I have other options, or is there something I'm missing as an LF newbie? I would also appreciate some more examples of facials shot with a 4x5 and a 240/250mm lens - googling "240mm 4x5" shows mainly pictures of such lenses.

edit: found some 240mm shots on the portrait topics, and they confirm that the focal length shows a bit too much distortion for my taste.