Thread: Jobo CPP2 acting up..help !

Jobo CPP2 acting up..help !

My CPP-2 w/lift (of course) is acting up....processing FILM and running on the slow "F" setting the motor stalls and sometimes it doesn't reverse directions when the switch reverses.......BUT if I move the reverse switch so it won't trip during the rotation cycle it continues to operate smoothly...Do you think it's the switch?...or the motor?.....and this was with processing 3 rolls 120 film....I'm sure it doesn't have a prayer with my expert drum(s) the next time I try that...advice????

Re: Jobo CPP2 acting up..help !

I don,t have a cpp2 but a cpe2 and it used to frequently almost stall when processing films, I then used a small amount of sowing machine oil on the shaft which helped .
    The other thing is to make sure the water level is adequate to support the tank with the guides only holding the tank in position.
    regards
    Bazz8

there was a post I read recently about this issue but I don't know how old it was. The poster runs their machine in one direction to avoid eventual problems. You can run the cpp2 machine in just one direction, right? I process my film in expert drums rotating in one direction on a beseler base. No problems with streaks or anything else.

Bob

You can run in one direction with no problem from my experience with Expert drums.

If the reversing switch isn't working the screw that holds the little white tabs may be loose and isn't triggering the reversal. If you can tighten it, it should start reversing again. If it's too loose to tighten it requires taking the thing apart to get to the inside to hold down the nut and is a pain to do from personal experience.

Have you lubed the shaft recently? If it's laboring to turn that can be the reason.

Greg Blank will likely chime in with more info at some point.

Alright...whatever

Quote Originally Posted by RPNugent View Post
    You can run in one direction with no problem from my experience with Expert drums.

If the reversing switch isn't working the screw that holds the little white tabs may be loose and isn't triggering the reversal. If you can tighten it, it should start reversing again. If it's too loose to tighten it requires taking the thing apart to get to the inside to hold down the nut and is a pain to do from personal experience.

Have you lubed the shaft recently? If it's laboring to turn that can be the reason.

Greg Blank will likely chime in with more info at some point.

If the black motor cog has a slotted screw holding it on, it was not designed to do Expert drums. That stated I tell people that call me at Omega to use no more than 450-500ml of chemistry in the drum at one time. I also state like others here that bi directional rotation is not really required with the Expert drum to achieve the desire results "with sheet film in Expert drums", However: prints and roll film on reels, you will need it .

If the scew in the black cog is a hexagonal headed screw and you have these problems there most likely is a problem with the reversal mechanism or circuitry connected to it. Bluntly stated you should not mess with the circuitry or in my opinion the white three fingered gear. Jobo's manual actually suggested one could loosen and retighten it to correct slipping....but I have found that in four years there is really no easy way of adjustment if the 3 fingered gear is completely wacked. That is unless you open the processor and re-align stuff. I am not really willing to describe how to open and adjust the mechanics & as a disclaimer: I derive income from doing repairs and encouraging "home" repairs, opens doors to liabilty-etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephBurke View Post
    My CPP-2 w/lift (of course) is acting up....processing FILM and running on the slow "F" setting the motor stalls and sometimes it doesn't reverse directions when the switch reverses.......BUT if I move the reverse switch so it won't trip during the rotation cycle it continues to operate smoothly...Do you think it's the switch?...or the motor?.....and this was with processing 3 rolls 120 film....I'm sure it doesn't have a prayer with my expert drum(s) the next time I try that...advice????

Japan Exposures

How do you set it to run in single direction only?

Gently turn the white three fingered gear away from the lift and motor cog-towards you as you stand by the controls of the processor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Rösler View Post
    How do you set it to run in single direction only?

Japan Exposures

Ah, thank you.