Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: butzi article on pentax spotmeter

butzi article on pentax spotmeter

i have tried to find the above referenced article, but i guess paul has gone to his final reward. google lists his references, but when you click on them the site can't be found.

i had a copy years ago, but it has disappered. soooo, does anyone have a paper copy or e copy that they would be willing to share?

if there is interest, i'd be happy to make it into a pdf and post here on the forum.

thanks
    pete

Re: butzi article on pentax spotmeter

Paul's site says:

"At one point I had a lot of written stuff on this website. In the late 2009 remodel of this website, I've abandoned nearly all of it. Most of it was either obsolete in the sense that technology has moved on, or in the sense that it no longer reflected my current thinking. What remains here is stuff that I felt was significant enough to keep."

Loading sheet film holders is the only tech-related article left. While I have a few of his articles saved as pdfs, that is not one of them.

Rick

Bob

http://www.butzi.net/

Has an email to contact him and shows as updated in teh last week or so.

i am pleased that he is still with us. i'll try to contact him re the pentax spotmeter paper.

thanks
    pete

For $10 to charity, he will repost the page. He is cleaning up his site, and getting rid of the LF stuff, since he does not do that any more. He is also willing to give other folks pages to post on their sites, as long as they do not put his name on them - he got tired of people emailing for more info about lenses and the like.

If I remember that review, the conclusion was that the Zone conversion really did not make any difference.

Michael E. Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by SW Rick View Post
    Paul's site says:
    "At one point I had a lot of written stuff on this website. In the late 2009 remodel of this website, I've abandoned nearly all of it. Most of it was either obsolete in the sense that technology has moved on, or in the sense that it no longer reflected my current thinking. What remains here is stuff that I felt was significant enough to keep."
    Well, that's too bad, because I recall that there were some very good resources in there.

Still Developing

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Gordon View Post
    Well, that's too bad, because I recall that there were some very good resources in there.
    I've talked to Paul and he has sent me the Rodenstock literature which I'll post on my site asap..

I've also asked if he could list the articles so that people could request them (and pay the fee). I'm happy to host any articles that people want to 'rescue'

Tim
    Still Developing at http://www.timparkin.co.uk and scanning at http://cheapdrumscanning.com

Have you tried searching the Wayback Machine?

According to http://www.butzi.net/portfolios.htm, "...In late 2005, I bought a Canon EOS 5d. "

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Richards View Post
    . . . If I remember that review, the conclusion was that the Zone conversion really did not make any difference.
    You're right, that was his conclusion.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.