Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Latest best inkjet papers

Re: Latest best inkjet papers

Yep, it uses the ink for glossy paper, and the best I can do is with AWB, rather than with a RIP. There are some previous threads with the settings for paper thickness, platen gap, and light/dark. I definitely wish I had figured out the AWB BEFORE I paid to upgrade my RIP so I could run the 3800.

Deniz Merdanogullari Deniz Merdanogullari's Avatar

THe colorburst manages to run the embedded paper profile if its not on its pull down menu.
    So far i've been printing very nicely on Ilford smooth pearl.

about 2 years ago Harman sent me a pack of 13x19 Harman FB Matt as a sample and i only had photo black ink on my 4880 and it printed like crap until i switched to matt inks.

Want to do an exhibition on this amazing paper soon.

Has anyone tried the Canson Platine? It's 100% cotton, no OBAs. I currently use the Harmon glossy FB (and really like it), but this looks interesting. Thanks!
    r.j. phil
    www.rjphil.com
    N.E. Large Format Photography Collective

Quote Originally Posted by rjphil View Post
    Has anyone tried the Canson Platine? It's 100% cotton, no OBAs. I currently use the Harmon glossy FB (and really like it), but this looks interesting. Thanks!
    I set up on it for color and B&W, and though it looks nice, I am not switching to it for photo black printing, comments posted a bit ago here-
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...051#post520051

Since their matte papers are good I am more interested in testing the baryta paper they introduced here-
    http://www.canson-infinity.com/en/baryta310.asp
    when I get my hands on some.
    Tyler

I have just started printing as well, and am looking at the range of inkjet papers. I was just sold the Permjet Fine Art Fibre based gloss paper and was told I was really going to see a big difference between the Epson Premium gloss paper that I have been using.
    Well I have stared and stared and can't see any difference. Is there any real difference between the top quality papers? Can anyone enlighten me and is there any real difference between the quality papers?
    Be a slave to technology, or shoot film.
    www.abriefvisionoftime.com
    www.photorepair.com.au

i have used in the last two years:
    Harman glossy FB it is nice but expensive and to glossy for my yaste
    espon exibition fiber good job, not to glossy, it is like luster surface expensive too
    ilford gold silk the one i still using because cheaper than the other, in the same league
    good in BW and color
    at end it depens of your own taste, buy a box of trial with one sheet of each paper of the brand, try it and make your choice
    regards
    francois

I still like Epson Ultrasmooth Fine Art paper a lot. I also print some on Exhibition Fiber but the USFAP is very appealing and has a more sensual quality.

The ICC profiles supplied by the companies appear to do a very good job to me. What are everyone's opinions on using these profiles in comparison to having a custom profile done?
    Be a slave to technology, or shoot film.
    www.abriefvisionoftime.com
    www.photorepair.com.au

traveling the continent in a vintage airstream

I use the Museo silver rag and really like the results I get on an Epson 7880 out at school. I just use the profile from their site. I scan 4x5 velvia and provia on a V750.
    I really like the feel of it and how it looks, I also like that it isn't trying to be a C print.

For "photo black" papers I really like Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta. No OBA's so it's a bit on the warm side (but not too yellowish), a nice surface (no eggshell), excellent gamut and dmax, and a nice feel in the hand.

For matte black there are lots of great papers to choose from. Hahnemuhle makes several with varying amounts of texture. Crane Museo Max is excellent, and Epson's Ultrasmooth Fine Art is nice if you want a really smooth surface (can't match the gamut and dmax of some of the others, though).