After a 3 month wait, I finally got the wide angle bellows for my 45SU. Given the limited info available about the wide angle bellows, here are some basics for the next person who needs one. First, it is an accordion type, not a bag, like the Sinar. I prefer the bag, but I can see that it would not work as well on the Ebony as it would on a monorail. It is leather, which feels great. The Sinar bag feels like an inner tube, but is tough and water proof.

The Ebony wide extends to about 225 mm, which lets me use my 180mm normal with plenty of movement and the ability to focus closely enough for everything but macro. You could use a 210 and probably stretch it a bit more, but you would be limited in close focusing and movements might be tight except at infinity.

This is great for me, I am mostly a wide angle shooter. I would have to go back to the universal bellows for my 300mm, which is a pain, but not as great a pain as trying to use wide lenses on the universal bellows. If you just shoot landscapes, you would never care, but if you use extreme movements, even my 120 has problems with the universal bellows, and the 90 is just not very workable. With the wide, they both work great.

I can either carry the universal bellows and the 300 with me, or could use my 270 telephoto with the bag bellows and never use the universal bellows at all. While I love the camera, it is not nearly as good with wide lenses as the Ebony literature indicates. The wide angle bellows solves that problem, and it gives the opportunity to use a longer lens with movements by moving back to the universal bellows. I am resigned to not finding a camera with a one size fits all bellows for extreme movements that is also rigid. Canham need not apply, as pretty as they are - the Ebony is about as flimsy a camera as I think I could stand. Of course if I were hiking and my back hurt, I would be less picky. (But that would only help if I got ride of my fast glass, which weighs more than camera.)

So, a success all in all. I do not regret the 45SU for a second - I use the asymetric movements a more than I ever used back movements on my Sinar. It has really opened my eyes to more creative uses of movements.