Page 89 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets See Your Darkroom

Re: Lets See Your Darkroom

Thanks. Slides for keyboards trays worked well for this, there's a detent that holds the slide in the extended position- https://www.accuride.com/en-us/products/3832edo-ie.
    A few wooden battens on the side of the vacuum frame work as a kick stand to hold the frame open when loading. There's a write-up of the project here-http://colinflanarygraham.com/darkshop/?p=337

Nice article. I will have to examine the photos closely. I have all the materials, but continue to procrastinate on building the damn UV exposure area in my DR. Honestly I'm not 100% sure how to wire the ballasts.

The plan for my area is the same as yours, but upside-down. Exposure unit will be under the desk in a drawer, with both normal and UV bulbs. Two switches, for each type of bulb. Normal bulbs will make it a light table, UV bulbs for alt processes of course. Mine has space for a 20x24 print. Just need to wire it and buy some glass for the table.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Cogito, ergo sum

I just browsed through this thread and noticed that many attachments are unvalid. What happened?
    Life = Love + Passion + Responsibility

My sense is that the attachments fell prey to various server crashes over the years. As opposed to the linked images, where the original poster has deleted them from their service, or their service dropped free service. It's unfortunate either way, but perhaps not a surprise for a volunteer-run site on a donated platform. No criticism is intended, to be clear -- even paid services have a way of vanishing in the night sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    A kind professor at our local University, had a fellow deliver a 10 foot Arkay SS sink and stand, I found it intact on my front lawn. At first I thought why? I was lucky and got rid of some shelves and junk, it fit in like a glove. Now I have 2 huge sinks. I putter constantly, not much left I can really want for other than time to get to printing. !
    Dou....I have to know..what'd the neighbors say when they spotted a 10' stainless steel sink in your front yard?

Quote Originally Posted by MrFujicaman View Post
    Dou....I have to know..what'd the neighbors say when they spotted a 10' stainless steel sink in your front yard?
    I moved it to the back before anyone was the wiser. My neighbors are very cool. On that side husband and wife, kids and grandma and grandpa. Intellectuals, musicians, professor, the Grandpa is pushing 80 and grows probably 800 lbs of veggies a year in a small back yard garden. He grows Asian varieties of beans,cucumbers, squash etc. He was surprised I knew what they were. My Dad was a big vegetable gardener so it's nice seeing the "yard long beans" Fun.
    If the cops would have seen it they might have wondered, this is a very tolerant, diverse community here.
    I showed a couple college kids my darkroom today, they couldn't believe their eyes! That was fun.

I started just to show my film drying solution, in long-delayed response to a thread some time ago, then decided to add a picture of the sink as well. In these masterfully composed and painstakingly illuminated images, you can see that, world's most incompetent carpenter though I am, even I managed to tuck a simple drying space into a corner. The bathroom no longer serving my need as the family grew. The construction involved one inexpensive wooden board, cut in two so that one piece could serve as the cabinet top, the other as the side. I wrapped them in self-adhesive white shelf lining to create a smooth surface I could wipe down as needed. The bottom catch basin is just a conveniently sized cardboard box similarly wrapped in the shelf lining plastic. The clear plastic sheeting that serves as a door, bought at a fabric store, is taped to the wall, with top and free side held in place with some flexible magnetic stripping. The stripping, I found is not strong enough to hold the weight of the sagging plastic door, so a piece of gaffer's tape and a clothespin came to the rescue. Fortunately, I print better than I construct.

The black drape is just polyester that started life as my first portrait backdrop. It is help to the top edge of the door frame with Velcro on each corner.

The sink sits to the left (same door), in a frame built by a friend. A shelf with chemistry and extra equipment lies underneath.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sink.jpg   film clips.jpg   Door clip.jpg   Film drying cabinet.jpg  
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Eric Woodbury

Something about the visual clues of first clothes pin photo...they look to me to be about 2 feet long.

Well, it is called large-format photography after all.

Andy Warhol has nothing on my C-47s (Cinespeak for clothespins. Etymological theories abound.)
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Ulophot View Post
    Well, it is called large-format photography after all.

Andy Warhol has nothing on my C-47s (Cinespeak for clothespins. Etymological theories abound.)
    Looks like a great space.