Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What happens to JOBO CPP2 processor with only 1st upgrade motor?

Re: What happens to JOBO CPP2 processor with only 1st upgrade motor?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginette View Post
    Is the handle a removing part or it means it is broken ?

PS: Google is not really brillant in the translation:
    The lift pictured in your image -> Google translation : L'ascenseur photo dans votre image ... means -> The elevator photo in your image !!
    The handle for the lift is a removable part, like Greg posted easily purchased,
    but it's important to see if the receiving part on the lift ( socket where the arm
    is inserted ) is not broken, expert drums need assist to raise even with the
    Jobo lift accessory, without helping raise the expert drum the socket where
    the arm inserts may crack/break under the weight of the expert drum full of
    liquid developing chemicals.

I agree computer translation has a long way to go, I had a incredible time translating
    and understanding a german manual for lathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim C. View Post
    The handle for the lift is a removable part, like Greg posted easily purchased,
    but it's important to see if the receiving part on the lift ( socket where the arm
    is inserted ) is not broken, expert drums need assist to raise even with the
    Jobo lift accessory, without helping raise the expert drum the socket where
    the arm inserts may crack/break under the weight of the expert drum full of
    liquid developing chemicals.

I agree computer translation has a long way to go, I had a incredible time translating
    and understanding a german manual for lathe.
    Thanks. I will see the unit tomorrow and examine it carefully. If I bought it, I will take a great care of it.
    About translation, German language is not easy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Blank View Post
    Hi Ginette
    I should stay with speaking english then The arrangment you have seems like a good bargain. Especially that large print drum, which is no longer produced by Jobo.
    In someone's minds' eye it could be worth the whole 500$
    I will exchange the 20x24 drum anytime for a 3005. I will be back in the Sale/trade section about after seeing the drum exact size and condition. It look like the bigger one in the ads picture.
    My Lumen project http://ginetteclement.com

I am having two problems with my CPP2 that hopefully I can get answered in this thread instead of starting a whole new thread. I am running expert drums with at times about a 1 litre of fluid.
    Firstly every now and again - and this is becoming more often - the motor just stops. If I switch it off for a few minutes, then it starts again. Hopefully someone can tell me what is happening here?

Secondly, I do appear to have a bit more leakage when I fill the tanks (I use a lift), than I should have. Again, any suggestions?
    Be a slave to technology, or shoot film.
    www.abriefvisionoftime.com
    www.photorepair.com.au

For the motor three possibilties.

1) The motor is on the way out. It could be loosing torque because the windings and brushes are dirty or worse maybe the internal gearing is worn etc etc.

2) Or if it is a straight motor shaft, not the newer cone shaped shaft. Then maybe only the bushing inside the black cog is loose and needs replacement. New motors have allen screws at the end, older straight shaft motors have a slotted screw.

3) There is either not a good connection between the small white transfer gears and the bigger now black (previously white) motor cog. Or the transfer small white is loosely snapped together...it exists as two parts- front and back and the two parts snap together through the lift arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Lewis View Post
    I am having two problems with my CPP2 that hopefully I can get answered in this thread instead of starting a whole new thread. I am running expert drums with at times about a 1 litre of fluid.
    Firstly every now and again - and this is becoming more often - the motor just stops. If I switch it off for a few minutes, then it starts again. Hopefully someone can tell me what is happening here?

Secondly, I do appear to have a bit more leakage when I fill the tanks (I use a lift), than I should have. Again, any suggestions?

if it is the motor, would it be cost effective to have it taken apart and rewound ?
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

No idea what people charge for this service if even available.

I would not attempt rewinding a motor for a customer. I took a spare defective straight shaft motor apart to see how it was constructed and in the process cleaned and reinstallled the brushes. The motor did exhibit an increase in torque. But that process took about four hours as a beginner and if I was to charge for that would have not been cost effective. Plus you still will end up having a motor that was not originally designed to run Expert drums. In my minds eye its a diminshing point of return for a user.

& Off hand a brand new (New style) motor is about 400.00 in the US.

With the other circuitry upgrades required, I try to do upgrades for about 1,200 total minus shipping costs.

I'm glad I bit the bullet a few years ago and got a second used 2XXXX motor cpp2.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...