Thread: Photographer Robert Bergman makes it big after 60 years.

Photographer Robert Bergman makes it big after 60 years.

NPR interviewed Robert Bergman. This time the exhausted cliche' "unique vision" seems to apply. He not only finds interesting subjects, but has also invented a laborious, multi-pass method of producing ink-jet prints. Link to the write-up is here:
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/pictureshow..._and_who.html/

Link to the NPR interview is at www.npr.org. Note: his photography is a lot more incisive than his commentary. Also note: it is not clear what format he uses.

Re: Photographer Robert Bergman makes it big after 60 years.

He uses 35mm, with what I've heard is loaded with consumer grade film. The show in washington dc is great, but 95% of it is out of his Book a Kind of Rapture so there are few suprises.

Re: Photographer Robert Bergman makes it big after 60 years.

Quote Originally Posted by eddy pula View Post
    He uses 35mm, with what I've heard is loaded with consumer grade film. The show in washington dc is great, but 95% of it is out of his Book a Kind of Rapture so there are few suprises.
    Here is a transcript of the NPR interview.

http://www.npr.org/templates/transcr...ryId=120283879

I would like to see the prints in person but from a web perspective I wasn't impressed with his artistic merits. His complicated printing method sounds interesting but is it really transformative and necessary to complete his vision?

Bergman sounds defensive in his interview and the curator Sarah Greenough comes across as a sycophant.

Don Bryant