Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Please show your 6x17 pictures

Re: Please show your 6x17 pictures

The most sensible post yet Carsten. Here's the logic for allowing all 6x12 and larger 120 formats.

ALL cameras use Large format lenses

All negatives or positives need printing with a Large Format enlarger

Negative need scanning with a Large Format capable scanner

Even Kirk should be able tom understand that logic, these are Large Format

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    Sorry but this has nothing what so ever with the courage of my convictions. These are not just my convictions. They are the consensus of all the moderators and the owner. So I suggest you petition the owner and the moderators as a whole. That is how changes are made. It is super simple to do-send them an email. I personally put pretty much the same question to them all in February and after a thorough discussion we decided not to make a change. As far as I am concerned, for the foreseeable future, the question was settled in February.
    It's also your responsibility as a Moderator to get this issue re-opened now.

Either all 6x12 and larger 120 Formats are totally allowable or all threads and posts referring to other 120 film formats and 35mm etc should be moderated in the same way and closed.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Vladik View Post
    How about some pinhole 6x17?

I like the old look of there. What did you use? Something homemade?

Richard Brown

I can't believe that i just blew away half an hour of my life reading these dumb posts...
    and now i have to waste more time trying to figure out which negs were done with an
    artpan617, which with a fuji 617, which with my lovely new to me v-pan 617 OR the other problem is ... was that neg from a 612 horseman back on my ebony4x5 or god forbid, a 612 noblex? That vpan 617 sure looks like a large format camera but maybe these eyes are getting too old!!!
    This is obviously a sore point yet we have to remember that the owner and the moderators are doing a great job ... without making the big bucks...and they are providing a wonderful venue for all of us who love "large" photography. Yes it does seem silly that all my large format lenses are used on the vpan and i have to find a 5x7+ enlarger to print.Oh, how about the fact that the nikon 9000scanner can not scan the 6x17, just 6x9.
    I am so confused..... wahhhhhh!!!
    And now a friend in Canmore who is the digital guru has asked for some advice as he is tired of the hassle of stitching and, praise the lord, is asking what his film options are.... i should send him to this thread! He would likely take up needlepoint! He is learning lots from this forum and is torn between the canham 57 option with 617 back
    or the beautiful v-pan that chet hanchett built before his death a few years ago.
    Great photographer and if he makes the right decision, he might get to show his images somewhere on this amazing forum.
    Now I just have to figure out if i can post vpan images and then scan them.
    Keep shooting that lovely film!
    Richard Brown

Downstairs

Scanning:
    Long after scuzzy went with the dodos I was still using The original Imacon "Foto" scanner which has magnetic film holders up to 6x18. The exposure strip is 6cm wide and the film holders come in all the usual sizes up to 6x18.

This being a LF forum, I can tell you that the holder takes 5x7 (13x18cm) sheet film just like roll film and scans a 'panoramic' strip. Over few years doing calendars and such, I downgraded from Seitz through Technorama and a 6x12 back on Cambo to a fixed-focus 5x7 box with a 120 SuperAngulon. The Imacon did the lot with ease.

It is worth a bit of Ebaying to get your hands on one, plus a scuzzy converter for modern Macs. I swapped mine - computer included for a Leica lens. So it goes cheap nowadays.