I am going to be in New York in the next couple of weeks and I'm wondering whether anyone can tell me where I can get some repair work done on a Linhof Karden Bi 5x7. As I understand it, HP Marketing handles Linhof. Should I contact them or someone else?

This is the problem, in case anyone has a suggestion. I received the camera today by post from Switzerland (the seller is a member of this forum from Germany, principally as a vendor) and there is some damage to the rear standard focusing knob. The camera, instead of being packed in styrofoam peanuts and bubble wrap, was packed in crumpled newspaper, and it looks like the knob took a knock in transit. See the attached photo. Basically, the knob is bent and the shaft of the knob has split the casing. The knob will turn, but in a circle, not on its axis.

I'm currently involved in an e-mail exchange with the vendor, who is having trouble with the idea that he has an obligation to deliver the camera in the condition in which he sold it and that he is the one who has to make an insurance claim with Swiss Post, with whom he contracted for the delivery. So far, he isn't even prepared to phone Linhof Germany, which happens to be in the same country in which he is located, to get a repair quote/find out whether they have the relevant parts.

In the meantime, I have plans to go to New York and I'd like to find out if there is someone there who can fix this. I'd like to think that this is fairly easy to correct, because otherwise the camera is in great shape. I'd much rather just get this repaired than get into a discussion about returning the camera, etc.

Thanks.