Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many photographerettes do we have?

How many photographerettes do we have?

Ah yes, I just logged on to greenspun for some inspiration and bits of knowledge before I get out that big ass 8x10 piece of metal. But...I think I might just leave it where its been for the last couple of years. My Mamyiya 67 and an occasional polaroid with the ole' Pola 180 and Calumet 4x5 is really all I need.. right now. Maybe if I had gone to one of the nations top schools I could be a PHOTOGRAPHERETTE as well! (ouch, my eyes cross every time I say,try to say, that, that, word?) Nasty! Shite, gotta run, the sun will rise in an hour! Bonjuor, Mademoisel Carolina le fotographier

Is that a Hassleblad? Brian Vuillemenot's Avatar

Perhaps all of us guys need larger and larger film formats because we are trying to compensate for something else... just a thought.
    Brian Vuillemenot

I already asked this question on an old thread a few months ago, many interesting replies. I am sure I did not use the word "photographerette." I would prefer to be known as a "photo-gal." Not.

I do get to lurk and bleat around here secretly with my androgynous name.

Cheers, Sandy (nee Sandra)

Hello all, another female photographer. Thank you for the responses to my questions. All were very helpful. This is truly a wonderful site. Good luck to everyones' photography ventures.

Me too. Feminine, that is. Love it all---345mm, 2 1/2 on old Rolleiflex and Zeiss Ikonta, and the ultimate for me, 4x5 Linhof. True, I'm waiting for the 8x10 styrofoam camera. Gayle