Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Are Your Favourite Web Sites Showing CONTEMPORARY CREATIVE Large Format Photography?

What Are Your Favourite Web Sites Showing CONTEMPORARY CREATIVE Large Format Photography?

I'm looking at "CONTEMPORARY CREATIVE photography" websites regardless of format. Any suggestions? The exact phrase in a search engine doesn't produce much of interest. Some examples could provide a way to define the phrase.

What Are Your Favourite Web Sites Showing CONTEMPORARY CREATIVE Large Format Photography?

have you looked at the following website? http://www.greenspun.com/boohoo/related.tcl?page_id=TuanLF

LOL!!!!! Thanks Ellis but your website is so large on my screen I can't reach my controls!......Help!

I'll second the recommendation for the Tate Modern in London, if it's not too far for you. The bookshop is extensive, and the Gursky photographs have to be seen in person (well, most photographs have to be seen in person to be appreciated, but Gursky particularly). Also some Bechers and other interesting photographs on display when I was there a few months ago.

David,

You lucky man - Gurkys live along with Bechers. What was the title of the show. Gursky was a student of the Bechers I believe and so I immediately speculate that it was a joint exhibition.

Yours in envy ... Walter Glover

The Gurskys and Struths are part of the permanent collection (and rather strangely displayed in my opinion... but still worth seeing)

There was some good Lee Miller and Man Ray stuff in the Surrealism; Desire Unbound exhibit when I was there too, among other things

Tim A
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

I know about the connection between Gursky and the Bechers. The images weren't presented as part of a group, and the connection wasn't made explicitly, but it was there to be found, if you happened to be looking for it.

The Surrealism exhibit mentioned above is excellent. The wall texts tend to foreground erotic themes to the neglect of other interesting issues (not that the erotic isn't interesting, but so is form), but it's an outstanding assemblage of objects.

Fortunately from New York, it's cheaper to fly to London than to most U.S. destinations, and my day job brings me to the UK once or twice a year of late.

I would just like to add to the list of great LF photographers--Josef Sudek. Thank You

Sorry--I somehow missed the "contemporary" part. Never mind Sudek.

Senior for sure

Ellis- very, very nice site.