Hi,
I opened quite recently a new box of Adox Pan 25 4x5 sheetfilm.
To my big disappointent, I have lost all photos I have taken with this film.
There were some good photographs too, but nothing cannot do for them.

The reason: If negative is viewed on landscape orientation, then it will have a lot of vertical stripes.

When I found first two pictures damaged like that, I instantly blamed my Paterson Orbital developing tank - as I have scratched the bottom of the developing tank to keeping films from stickking.

But when none other films didn't show any marks like that, my suspections went more on the camera side. Found nothing...

Then at the end, I did a well documented empirical test. Exposed sheets of film using enlarger as light source (no camera errors, flare, whatsoever).

Then I developed the negatives using different manners. One went thru my standard developing, Paterson orbital tank with motorized agitation. Another went with orbital tanki, but manual racking style agitation, one went thru roll film tank which I was rolling on the table emulating rotary developer, ....

The result? Every single negative shows these stripes clearly!
When I scan the negatives and use levels to get more contrast then stripes come really strongs (as will uneveness of the development also do - embrassing )

Any ideas for cause? Before this test I was quite sure that I will do somethign wrong.. But now it's confirmed with different developings, without camera, seen on bare eye, then confirmed with scanner...

So what this leaves? Some kind of weird error during manufacturing phase of the film?