Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Small Survey Please ...

A Small Survey Please ...

4x5 Canham, shooting primarily landscapes for personal pleasure. Color work is either Velvia or Provia, drum scanned, and LightJet output up to 20"x30". Few sales so far, only my own walls have my work on them. B&W is Tri-X, Jobo processor, HC-110 developer. Still learning, but getting better.....

Beverly Hills, California

Bear in mind that respondants here will not be a representative sample of all LF photographers. Why? Most pertinent to the survey topic is the fact that by finding this question and responding to it online, we are all significant for a likely predisposition to computer usage.

Older 8x10 and 4x5 Calumets, and a Speed Graphic, for large format with 8x10 B&W printed with both contact printed for platinum and silver. Traditional developers, Pyro, D-23, Xtol, HC-110. Traditional papers, Ilford VC, Forte, and Oriental. Traditional post printing techniques with Ferri, Thiocarbamide, selenium and gold toners. Print sizes range from 8x10 to 20x24. Market is myself, and any prints sold from those I provide to local businesses for art work on the walls and some architectural and interior consignments. I also work with all other formats , with my latest rebellion to technology being the use of a HOLGA camera.

I shoot 8x10s with a Deardorff and aerial 8x10s with a Gowland. Mostly landscapes and whatever else strikes my interest. I use Tri-x and tray develop in HC110 or D-76. Mostly contact prints or enlargements on an old,old Elwood using fiber based graded paper--- I'm currently experimenting with different brands. Ilford seems the easiest to obtain. Kodak AZO for contacts.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Color and B&W using 2 Nikons, 35mm Canon VT (rangefinder), Mamiya RB67, Linhof Kardan 4x5, and Deardorff 8x10. Much of my work is scanned for various web, manipulative, and digital output purposes. HP5, Bergger BPF, TMX, RDP III, Polaroid 54 & 79, PMK, Azo, etc. Still doing all analog as a starting point, but doing progressively more with digital as a second part of the process.

8x10 and 4x5 transparencies... both Velvia and 100VS. Landscapes only. Drum scanned on a Heidelberg Tango and output to Lightjet on Fuji Crystal Archive. Sole purpose is fine prints for the gallery market. 'RIP' Ilfochrome.

Kevin Kolosky

I shoot a few weddings each year on the hasselblad 503cw so that I don't have to raid the regular bank account in order to have fun with the Sinar F1 8 x 10 with 300 and 480 lenses. Process black and white with a Jobo. No digital yet. As an attorney I know how to use word processors but other than that I am computer illiterate. Kevin

Photography for personal pleasure. Shoot 2.25 (old Bronica S2a & 6x9 on 4x5 Arca-Swiss camera) B&W and color 4x5. Getting stronger into 4x5 black and white. Just starting 8x10 B&W contact and enlarging.

Totally traditional silver media. I want to enjoy silver now and get more into digital later. (By that time, prices will have come down a lot.) I think I'm more the settler than the explorer.

Exclusively 4x5 B&W, Toyo VX125 w/ 90SAXL, 150APO, 240 APO, folding Horseman viewer, Tri-x @ EI 160, Hc110, JOBO film development, all prints (proofs and final) on Ilford MGIV FB paper processed in a JOBO CPP-2 processor (yes, really!), selenium toned. Scan final print on flat bed for web use on personal site or for personal web-based projects for fun. Use Photoshop for any tweeking of these simple web only images. No plans for any digital output. Committed to silver based photography for one reason only, I love it and the hand skills that go with it.

Scott

All film, then scanned. 4x5, 35mm, and until recently, MF. Landscape and macro with Velvia, sometimes Provia or E100VS. Scan with SprintScan or flatbed, print on Epson 870 or 1280. Occasional Ilfochrome. Starting 8x10 B&W. I shoot as a hobby with an occasional sale.