Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: flooding the board with FS posts....!

Re: flooding the board with FS posts....!

David... Thank you. I'm sure I brought this animousity on myself by expressing my opinons too often and with too much conviction. I sometimes alienate people but I accept it as my own fault. FWIW, I also argue with my boss on rare occasions. But he understands I mean well and am right as often as I'm wrong.

Rick... I appreciate your input and well wishes regarding my cash-raising. What is it that you were interested in? If it was the 159mm Ex WA Wolly I have others.

The FS section here is great and Mike seems like a good fella, but it does tend to crowd the other people out to have such a block of ads. With the poor economy and more people selling their gear, perhaps somebody should start a website dedicated to selling and trading, maybe take a small percentage of the transaction... Wow, what a great business model!

Oh wait... yeah the reason this forum's FS section works is because it is small and personal --we should try to keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    Rick... I appreciate your input and well wishes regarding my cash-raising. What is it that you were interested in? If it was the 159mm Ex WA Wolly I have others.
    It was a shutter. I'll look when I get home to be sure which one I need--you might have something.

Rick "still at the office" Denney

Frank...

Ahh, okay. Point well-taken. I hadn't thought of that angle. Now I'm feeling a bit guilty for posting so many items.

BTW, APUG does ask for a donation when things sell through their classifieds section. Also, no one can post ads until they're supporting (paying) members.

Holy crap, Mike! I just went over to look for myself. Now I see what Brad is bitching about.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Lockrey View Post
    Holy crap, Mike! I just went over to look for myself. Now I see what Brad is bitching about.
    Yeah, I used to buy and sell a lot until I took ill and had to stop a few years ago. Now I'm just trying to sell all this stuff I have laying around to raise funds to pay bills and buy the few things I really want... just trying to enjoy life a little bit.

Again though, I won't list so many things at once anymore.

Dear Mike,

Just a thought, and whether you have a moment or two, could you upload an attached "PDF" to a post that shows a complete listing of your saleable equipment? I could always contact you through your online information within the forum to inquire whether the item was sold, or whether the item of interest is still available.

Just curious...

jim k

Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    Yeah, I think we ought to all post about a hundred things for sale each day...so that nobody a can find the informative posts for the classifieds....hell, why not just get rid of all those pesky categories and just have the classifieds and the politics and religion free zone!
    I'm not sure how you are browsing the forums, but you if you use "Unified View", you don't see For Sale or Lounge posts in that view. Looking at the link for Unified View, it eliminates 3 of the forums. This solves your problem nicely.

yup, grouping like items together would be great. mike's posts filled the 1st two pages of the FS section...effectively pushing all else way down the list.

listing many items in one post would be great when applicable.
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Mike:

You're following the rules just fine, AFAIS. In fact, bumping with price reductions is a lot better than just bumping. Price discovery is a difficult process.

It's a fact of life that folks have to clean the closet every now and then, and I'm glad for the opportunity to pick up a treasure.

As to prices, they're relative. I recently picked up a lens I have looked years for - a 22 1/2 inch Verito extension. It was reasonably priced, but I probably would have paid much more for it, as I really wanted THAT lens.

Charley