Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Group buy, 5x7 TXP. Min order is 500 sheets

Re: New Distributor

Quote Originally Posted by Allen in Montreal View Post
    News Flash:

My retailer just called me after I asked for a firm price on 500 sheets to tell me that Kodak is pulling the plug on the current CDN distributor and switching to a group I know to be much more user friendly and tolerates smaller orders!!

This is a huge piece of good news for KodaK film users in Canada!!
    If this is true then it can't be news! A manufacturer and a distributor have signed contracts. Any change in distribution (except those caused by major financial changes, top management changes or fraud by either party) have to be announced by the party making the change well in advance. Usually at least 6 months and sometimes much longer. That is because new sales forces, customer service, repair preparations, advertising, marketing, all have to be in place to ensure a smooth transition. That includes pre-arranged agreements as to the transfer of inventory.

So any new distribution has been announced to all of the magazines, dealers, show sponsors, etc. So you should have been aware of a possible switch some time ago. It seems that your dealer told you and you announced it and no one who has responded seemed to be aware of it. That would indicate that if a change is to take place at the end of the month, 2 days from now, that it sounds more like a rumor. And changing distribution 3 months before the end of the year and the heaviest selling season is unlikely. What is more likely is that your dealer is looking for a new source of supply.

Who is the current distributor and who is supposed to become the new distributor? Have you verified this information with another dealer?

Re: Group buy, 5x7 TXP. Min order is 500 sheets

I would be interested in a couple of boxes.

I would be definitely interested in 1 or 2 boxes.

If yer pricing 8x10 TXP, let me know what you find out Allen.

merci beaucoup
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

I think we now have enough interest to have a group buy.

Fred, I will ask about 8x10 also, I have not been able to get any 8x10 TXP locally and was forced to switch to HP5. I will let you as soon as I hear back.

Re: New Distributor

Bob,

I don't read the trade rags anymore so I am not aware if there has been any buzz about this or not, I was not led to believe I was being given privileged information or I would never have posted. I only buy from one retailer locally, if he can not provide me, then I turn to the web or E bay, but he gets almost all of my business and has for many years.

I will ask around other retailers Tuesday and see what the feedback is.

As an end user, it is great news if correct!

I have been a Tri-x user since I was a school kid, and now, I have to beg to get Tri-x in any size of sheet film. Ilford will deliver one box at a time and they apologize when it takes too long to get it to me! Clearly Kodak has seen there is a problem here in the eastern half of the country and are working to fix it (again, if this is all true), I have called Head Office (USA) and complained a few times. Kodak has told me they do not impose a minimum order on the end user, but locally on the street, I can't get the product in 4x5, 5x7 or 8x10 unless i agree to place a very large order.

Pix:
    Dad covering the 1957 Stanley Cup Final game (snap shot from a print that hangs on my wall), the fridge was always "yellow" with tri-x as long as I can ever remember. Now, my fruit crisper is far more white than "yellow". And while I am happy that Ilford continues to make paper like the Kentmere Fineprint, I really want easy local access to my beloved TXP.

Thanks Allen for putting this up.
    i still have 4-5 boxes of tmx left from last batch order.

Next time!

Andrew

Allen

I would also be interested in a box of 8X10.

Simon

As I said before, I'm in, I'm in Toronto, and I'm in for 100 sheets.

see Allen, ya shoulda kept this to yourself. see what you've done do you still have your dad's Nikons ?
    notch codes ? I only use one film...