First, I'd like to thank the many people in this forum who've helped me and continue to help me when I have questions. This is a truly great great forum. Filled with useful information and helpful people!

I also wanted to remark how it is kind of funny how my interests have changed since starting LF work. I came to large-format through the desire to make a DIY tilt/shift plunger-style lens for my Olympus E-3. I wanted this to achieve selective focus effects and create the impression of even narrower DOF. I bought at Linhof Schneider Xenotar 135/3.5 for this purpose to use with my LF system (both for narrow DOF and to make indoor-focusing doable). However, I've yet to use it (admittedly, I do need a willing and patient portrait subject).

But now, I'm almost exclusively concerned with getting enough DOF and making everything sharp; I just took a shot of a rusted railroad around sunset, where I setup a hour or so before to make sure the focusing was on and that I had enough time to adjust the tilt to get everything in focus that I wanted in focus. I had to make a tradeoff between DOF and having the side of the railroad bridge facing me being tack sharp, so I chose to shoot at f/16 and let the rear part of the RR bridge on the other side of the RR remain a little out of focus (although it's still pretty sharp; under a 3.5X loupe, I'm not quite sure if it's a little bit blurred out...may just be the result of being farther away, hence my perception being a little off).

So now, my concerns are almost completely with trying to get almost everything sharp, or trade offs in that, rather than a few narrow areas of selective sharpness.