Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Europe?

Europe?

I'm looking to get an Interrail pass and travel around Europe next month. Sadly I don't think I'll have space in my bag for 5x4, and I'll probably take my Hasselblad instead.

The idea being I only travel with a backpack with a couple changes of clothes and a camera, travel light. I've signed up to couchsurfers to see about free places to stay also.

Are there any European members close (or in) major european cities who would be up for a drink or a hello? I daren't invite myself into anyone's homes but cheap or free accommodation is next on my list of desires.

Who here is based in Europe? Maybe I'll stop by and say hello on the way!

Re: Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I'm looking to get an Interrail pass and travel around Europe next month. Sadly I don't think I'll have space in my bag for 5x4, and I'll probably take my Hasselblad instead.

The idea being I only travel with a backpack with a couple changes of clothes and a camera, travel light. I've signed up to couchsurfers to see about free places to stay also.

Are there any European members close (or in) major european cities who would be up for a drink or a hello? I daren't invite myself into anyone's homes but cheap or free accommodation is next on my list of desires.

Who here is based in Europe? Maybe I'll stop by and say hello on the way!
    I spend about half of the year in Milano, Italy...however I won't be returning until the last of November. It would be fun meeting if I were there. Enjoy your time.

Donald Miller

Too bad you won't be traveling in the Summer... I am usually in Italy (Tuscany) in July-Aug.

Downstairs

Ash, What about a Bessa III or a Makina. The Hasselblad weighs even more than a 4x5 with readyloads. Anyway, I'm in Milan and would look forward to meeting you.

Donald/Renato shame I'll be missing you!

Christopher, it would be nice to meet up if I can get to Milan along the way.

As for choice of blad, it's because it's the highest quality and most convenient to shoot with - I don't have cash to buy a Bessa III (as much as I'd love one) or a Makina. With the blad I can shoot portraits consistent with most of my recent work (in an effort to maintain a style or at least formatting).

I'll also be taking along my Zeiss Nettar 515, which my great uncle took around Europe at least once. I'd like to take the Razzle, but once you add on film holders, boxes, film and processing, it's a lot more convenient to shoot 120, as it's only £1.50 per roll for development and I have maybe 60 rolls of colour neg next to me!

Claudio Santambrogio

Guess you are not going as far north as Norway?

Quote Originally Posted by csant View Post
    Guess you are not going as far north as Norway?
    that's even further away than my home - which is close to the end of the world.....

Anyway, you'd be welcome. (NOT close to any large cities, but as said, close to the end of the world...)

I may be going to Norway, as I have a friend over there, two in fact... so it's possible. It'd be great to have a few places along the way if I went that far North, as it will be a big detour!

Denmark would be nice as well - I'm happy to lose the big cities to see more 'real' life Gandolfi

give us a buzz if you'r in the centre of madrid, too many "friends of friends" horror stories to offer you the couch, but count on tea, tapas and a good crack if we coincide.

Thanks Adrian, I'll let you know if I make it that far west.

I'll be going to Norway to Larvik to see one friend, and somewhere else to see another friend too....so a place in Denmark and another place along the way in Norway would be great