Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harrison Jumbo Film Tent Question.

Cooke, Heliar, Petzval...yeah

Harrison Jumbo Film Tent Question.

Is it possible to reload 8x20 filmholder there? The size of the Harrison Jumbo is 46 x 28 x 19''. By the size it easily fits but... anyone has done it?

Thanks.
    Peter Hruby
    www.peterhruby.ca

Re: Harrison Jumbo Film Tent Question.

You will need to send it back and have wings added to accommodate the length. There is no other tent I know which can be so adapted.

Thanks Jim,

There is no way to use tent without this customization? I have only one filmholder.
    How deep are those sleeves?
    Peter Hruby
    www.peterhruby.ca

wfwhitaker

With the extensions, it's roughly five feet across, maybe slightly more. I've used mine to load 12x20 holders.

as an experiment I have just tried to load one without using the added wings and have had no luck. You are much better off getting the customised version.

I load 7x17 holders in mine....never tried 8x20.

My Jumbo has the wings, but for 1 8x20 holder & box of film, I can't imagine there not being enough space inside. You would have to have the tent on a flat surface to utilize all the space. I put my tent on a 48" round table and the 4 corners hang off.

Lay out a 48"x26" rectangle and position the holder, slides & film box inside that area. It shouldn't be a problem. Worst case is putting the slides in. What is the total length of the holder and slide end to end before you start inserting the slide? If it's under 48" you're home free.

Good luck.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei

i've done it. had to remove the slides from the holders before zipping up the tent. this gave more room to insert the film. i loaded a sheet and then re-inserted the slide, one side at a time. the slides on my holders have nibs on the white/silver side that you can feel so you know you have inserted them correctly.

fyi: i have the jumbo tent without extension sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by wfwhitaker View Post
    With the extensions, it's roughly five feet across, maybe slightly more. I've used mine to load 12x20 holders.
    Could you please post a picture, I have no idea how it looks with those extensions.
    Thanks in advance.

Wayne, I believe you do not need to pull slide all out. I do regularly max 5 inches. I have Lotus filmholder, it's very easy to put film inside. All you need to do is to mark it properly which one is exposed and not exposed side. I do it with the clip.

I guess all I want to know if you can remove and load film without extensions and I will manage the slides by little bit differently.
    Peter Hruby
    www.peterhruby.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    You will need to send it back and have wings added to accommodate the length. There is no other tent I know which can be so adapted.
    Jim, do you have actual experience with this? I've been using a Jumbo Harrison Tent for a few years and have spoken with them the factory a number of times and they informed me that they WOULD NOT add the wings after it has been used/sold.

In regards to the first question.
    I've changed a stack of 3 - 12x20 holders in the standard Harrison Jumbo Tent, its tight, but it is most definitely possible.