Thread: Exposure cards. Any pre-made?

Exposure cards. Any pre-made?

I have been making exposure cards that fit into a small binder (6" x 8") to reco rd each image's properties. To tell you the truth, printing these sheets, cuttin g them to size, and punching holes in them is very time consuming (the hole punc her I have can only punch through 2 sheets at a time).

Anyway, are there any pre-made sheets in booklets?

Happy Thanksgiving, for those in the USA.

Calumet/Zone VI used to sell "exposure records" that you clipped into a handy palmed sized notebook. Don't know if they still do or not. Ansel Adams includd the same form in his books for years so folks could copy them...

Filofax used to do one too
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Filofax used well -calumet has the refills on their site $4.00, but not the small 6 ring 31/2x5 binder - search for "field data" comes up with the zone vi refills

tim a
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Ansel Adams published one. A copy of it was up on ebay within the last few days.

Have you considered using a palm top computer? I started using the Handspring version with software called "Photographe." I had suffered with the same problem, notes were recorded on a notebook in the field but this needed to be transferred to sheets that could be coordinated with negative storage. Tried the cassette recorder but still had to transcribe everything. This software on the palm top is great. Easy to transfer data to Excel spreadsheet for printing. Always a permanent record on the hard drive. The software also allows you to simply pick from a pull down for your list of films, lenses, cameras, etc. Previous shots data stays in the fields (optional) so you only need to change the pertinent information such as exposure when bracketing. I would encourage anyone to give this a try.

That sounds like a great idea. Where would I find the software? I have tried writing my own Palm app in Filemaker Mobile, but gave up. I guess I am looking for that 'magic bullet', eh?

palmgear.com has several shareware and freeware photography apps that address the issue above. There are others apps that also deal with other issues such as depth of field, zone system etc.

Run a "photography" search and they should come up.

Good Luck.

Try this: http://www.palmgear.com/software/showsoftware.cfm? sid=94548520011115210805&prodID=1042

Once you have your palm top you can also download Bob Wheeler's excellent Vade Mecum software. Great tool for calculating tilt, magnification, bellows factor, depth of field, etc. I don't know what I would do without the palm top after having used it for several months. Oh yeah, I do, I'd spend time looking under the car seat for the scrap of paper that said which holders were N-1 development.