Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh dear...

Oh dear...

I didn't notice the 'Do Not's' Fine.. then let the Webmaster delete my offending adds. Just thought that some o f you might have been interested in some fine quality gear that I had surplus to requirements. Guess not. But its no skin of my nose. The items are listed in E- bay.

Feel free to visit me at my website.

http://www.nigelturnerphotography.com

You never know.. you might find images worth looking at.

Thanks.

Oh dear...

Learn to spell before using the net.

Oh dear...

As for the answer above, well I speak and spell English as it was invented. By the English, as I am English. Do I complain when you spell colour as 'color.'' For god sake Caz.. get a life and stop looking for the nitty gritty things. My 5 your old son seems more grown up than you!

Oh dear...

>Learn to spell before using the net. Uncalled for childish rudeness - hope you're ashamed. tim a
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Oh dear...

>Feel free to visit me at my website.

>http://www.nigelturnerphotography.com

>You never know.. you might find images worth looking at.

Very nice website BTW
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Oh dear...

A rather humble introduction to a great website and excellent work!

Oh dear...

I'm with Caz on this one. Since when does ANYBODY use "adds" for ads or advertisements, or "of" for off?
    Alec

Oh dear...

Thankyou Tim for your kind comments with regards my web site. Glad you enjoyed it.

http://www.nigelturnerphotography.com

Oh dear...

"Since when does ANYBODY use "adds" for ads or advertisements, or "of" for off?"

I believe it's a cultural thing. I work as a production artist building advertising for a company with offices world wide. My European guys always seems to use "adds" instead of "ads."

I guess the global dominance of the American Cultural Industry (movies, TV, magazines) has really blinded North Americans to cultural differences in the English language; let alone wiping out much of the British influence in Canadian English over the last 10-20 years.

Since "ads" and "adds" are contractions anyways how could one spell them wrong?

Oh dear...

dominque,

I'm trying too find thee minuses inn your approval of confusing "ads" with "adds".