Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inexpensive new 4x5 lens recommendations for Graphic

Inexpensive new 4x5 lens recommendations for Graphic

www.mpex.com currently has a fuji f/5.6 125mm that I'm told almost covers 5x7. It was written up in View Camera recently as a bargain. It's small, light, very sharp and inexpensive. Mpex's price is 299.

andy

I am always amazed at the quantity and quality of answers one gets from photo.net. This resource is truly the best friend an amatuer photographer can have, and it's the PEOPLE that make it so. I thank every one of you for your replies and help.

So it looks like I have some more research to do. Getting one of the existing Ektars cleaned up is a good idea, I will start there. I guess what threw me at first -- I told you I was a newbie; I have 25 years experience in 35mm but just this year branched out into MF (fun little $100 eBay Yashica Mat) and LF (the aforenmtioned Pacemaker Speed) -- was the fact that, apparently, any LF lens can be used on any LF camera (within limits, I understand that the wides and super- wides run into bellow and lensboard considerations). All this time I've been looking for OEM Graphic lens and it turns out I can mount just about anything. Wow. Time to start reading up! And of course once I outgrow the Speed and get a Toyo or build a Bender or whatever, I can keep the same lenses... makes sense to buy something nice now.

Thanks again for all the help. My horizons have been widened.

-mb

Mark, the 125mm f5.6 Fujinon at MPX has been sold.