Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from Texas

Random Pixel Generator

Hello from Texas

I've had a Linoff Master Technika for a few years and I'm hoping to actually use it one of these days So I Googled large format forum and look what I found

Every time I drag it out and put it on the tripod my mind goes blank. I stare at my polaroid film, scratch my head, look at the sheet film box... back at the film holder... fold it back up and go shoot with my DSLR's Don't get me wrong... I love my DSLR's and wouldn't give them up for anything... but I want to shoot big sheets of film dangit... Maybe if I spend some time on this site I'll figure out how to at least put film in the thing

Re: Hello from Texas

Welcome to the forum. I'm Northeast of you in Memphis so I can't be of any hands on help, but there are a number of Texans here and on apug. Feel free to ask questions.

BTW I had to google Weimar to see where it is in Texas. Turns out I've been thru there a few times on I-10 and didn't notice.
    Ron McElroy
    Memphis

Random Pixel Generator

Quote Originally Posted by Ron McElroy View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I'm Northeast of you in Memphis so I can't be of any hands on help, but there are a number of Texans here and on apug. Feel free to ask questions.

BTW I had to google Weimar to see where it is in Texas. Turns out I've been thru there a few times on I-10 and didn't notice.
    Thanks Ron,

Yeah... I live south of IH10 between Weimar and Schulenburg and neither are notable unless you need fuel or food Well... that's not fair... Weimar has an old school meat market and they make some very good steaks. Schulenburg has pretty good BBQ.

I just came back in from diddling with the Linof. My biggest issue for now is how to load the Polaroid film and then what to do with it once I expose it. I want to practice with the polaroid film and then load "for real" film after I've got focusing and setup down. Later I'll have to get some help loading film and all that.

Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to group therepy! If you go to the home page of this site, you'll find a lot of answers to the basic questions; anything you don't find there you can get many opinions on here!!!

Random Pixel Generator

Thanks Vick. I started there but I didn't see what I needed in specific enough form. At least none that I can find. I'm somewhat used to CM500's but the Linof is another thing. I'll slow down and have another look

Thanks again...

Hi Michael! Welcome from one of the other Texans on this forum. "Polaroid" isn't the same anymore, it's Fuji now and only the pack film version, the 545? single sheet one has no "film" available anymore. There really is a lot of of good info from good people here on this forum.

Michael,

A hardy howdy from Converse, TX!! I'm about 60 miles to your west so you if you squint hard enough on a clear day you might see me wave to you.

Mike

Glenn Mellen

Hey Michael... you're not alone in Texas... there's a goodly handful of us shooting large format film cameras in the Republic. I also shoot a Linhof Master Technika and live near Fort Worth.

Ever since my "conversion" a couple of years ago I haven't used my other systems (35mm film, Medium format film, or digital)... they don't provide the Fun Factor OR the great big ol' pieces of film the Linhof does..... Yes indeed, size does indeed matter!!!

Glenn

Random Pixel Generator

Thanks Brian,

I've got two boxes of Polaroid 55 ISO 50 B&W film, two 545i film holders, and one Fujifilm Quickloader. Surely some of that can be used? If not I've got a great way to look at the world upside down

Michael,

Not to argue with your intended methods but why are you only considering Polaroid film? Why not shoot sheet film or, if you'd rather not, then buy a roll fill holder and shoot 120? You can get some spectacular results with 6x12cm and is easy to load and shoot.

Mike