Thread: Tripod and head for Cambo Legend

Tripod and head for Cambo Legend

What should I get for tripod and hed for Cambo Legend 4x5 / 8x10 ??

Well i just wondering, if it will be good idea to get the wooden Zeiss tripod for the Geo-Work's ? I can get it in good condition for abut 50%

opened:

closed:

This tripod is quite havy, and look's like it will be the good idea to have stable tripod for Legend, the legend is more than 8kg so I had problem's wyth looking in the alluminium tripods.

And I don't have an Idea what to do wyth the head for so havy camera...

Re: Tripod and head for Cambo Legend

The first requirement is that the tripod is sturdy and counterbalances the weight of the equipment. I can't get the feel of the tripod pictured above, but it looks like a Berlebach, which should do the trick. I would prefer a connection lower on the legs as a second support of the centre column (if there is one). Never turn a centre column up more than a few centimeters.

I personally use a Manfrotto 058, which is perfectly suited, but I would not take a lighter one exept if it were carbon.

For a head you can take any type, ballhead, 3D or geared, as long as it's very strong and easy to operate slowly and gentle. If the head is too light, or loosens too abruptly, you risk the whole equipment to fall over, or worse, squeeze your fingers between the rail and the tripod. Of course long before that will ruin your beautifully detailed photos.

I own all types, of which the ballhead and the geared head are Cambo-built, so perfectly equiped for this material. The 3D is a well-known Manfrotto 029, which is OK as long as the rail is more or less horizontal, and the centre of weight above the head.