Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LF Bag ideas?

Re: LF Bag ideas?

I use Photobackpacker modules for my camera and lenses inside an Adorama Joe Farace Reporter II Backpack. This also has a 17" laptop compartment, which i use for film holders and for the $79.95 price is very easy on the budget. Plus it is carry on legal!
    Wally Brooks

Everything is Analog!
    Any Fool Can Shoot Digital!
    Any Coward can shoot a zoom! Use primes and get closer.

So I headed down to Kenmore Camera today and picked up a Tamrac camera bag. I picked up the Ultra Pro 11 and I found out when I got home, the bag really holds a lot of stuff. I only have one lens with me right now and one in Rome, but have room for about 4 more. All the fixings can fit as well. Kenmore camera has a great selection of gear, chemicals, and film. Honestly...I know they are family owned and I actually worked there for about a year when I was in college, but this place has more stuff than even Glazer's has. Staff is and always has been pretty helpful and the layout is pretty simple. If you get a chance to stop in I would mark it on the GPS. www.kcamera.com

Thanks for all the advice and I actually ran into someone from the forums there. I believe it is Eric? PM so I can stay in touch with you.

Thanks again peeps.

santo

Quote Originally Posted by ki6mf View Post
    I use Photobackpacker modules for my camera and lenses inside an Adorama Joe Farace Reporter II Backpack. This also has a 17" laptop compartment, which i use for film holders and for the $79.95 price is very easy on the budget. Plus it is carry on legal!
    Wally,

I'm also a photobackpacker kinda guy. I have my 135mm lens in a case and I'll be getting more of them for the others.

santo

I'd second 77seriesiii's recommendation to anyone who walks a lot (~10 miles or more a day, up and down, day hikes for a few days in row, etc.)...A solid backpacking pack with a good suspension system that fits the body, e.g. Kelty, Osprey, Mountain Hardware, Dana Design, REI...

Supporting the weight by the hip rather than the shoulders makes a world of difference (at least to me).

Osprey Waypoint 65?
    I'm really interested if anyone has experience of the Osprey Waypoint 65?
    I have Photobackpacker inserts also, do day hikes, and am looking for a solution in the UK.
    I have an Osprey Atmos 35 and whilst the panel opening is great, the weight is fantastic, comfort similarly great, the frame results in a very curved inner, so difficult for packing rectangular cases.
    Kelty don't seem to be available in the UK, and am struggling finding a 50 to 60 litre panel opening backpack that is comfortable.
    Osprey in UK recommend the Waypoint 65 but I've never actually seen one, so wondering whether it would do the trick?

The old Zone VI camera bag should hold everything you list.

To cut down bulk and weight, I'd recommend that you replace those eight cut film holders with three Grafmatics.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

I got the Kellty 2650 from Photobackpacker for that purpose - I used it as carry on (though not fully stuffed) for my trip to NZ. Together with the camera and lens cases (also from photobackpacker) it served its purpose very well. You can remove the waist belt from this lightweight backpack to reduce the weight even further (down to a bit above 1kg!) so you have a the weight for the gear left.
    Matus