Thread: Laminating inkjet prints?

Laminating inkjet prints?

Ive got a GBC Docuseal 3100. (Just got it at auction) Wanting info on what laminate to ust for prints from a Epson 7800. Ist a hot laminator. Any tips would be appreciated.

Re: Laminating inkjet prints?

I use the GBC brands all the time on Epson Enhanced Matt paper. The gloss looks the best and I use matt and luster. I use it on my Seal 210M at 200 degrees for three minutes. The roll press you have I don't know that much about, but speed and temperature would be factors.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

I've never used that model of laminator, but I'm sure the process is the same from my Seal. the temperature setting depends on the type of hot lam you buy; i run mine at 200 F. make sure you don't run the rollers too slow or you will get "hot spots" which are burn lines in the lam.

some inkjet papers are a pain to clean as they run in the machine. when you use a rubber roller and a pcr pad, some ink jet prints (mostly stuff on Epson paper i've noticed from a 4800) the roller will actually remove the ink from the paper. so watch out for that.

This was the same problem - I am having, purchased a ez27 banner lamanator - it picked up every finger print on the paper and the film was not heavy enough for outside protection which was the reason for lamination - secondly purchased a ledco cold ecoomatic roll laminator that uses only pressure senistive film - it has so many safe guards that cuts off the power - I was finding it a pain to use -so now I have puchased a master piece 500 tx have not used it yet - what is the defence between a regular laminator and sealer?