Thread: Digital Photo Books

Digital Photo Books

This may not be the correct forum, so up front acknowlegements, however, what digital book companies would many of you recommend for having one's images printed up---I'm aware that Kodak offers this type of service as well as Apple's/I photo. I'm sure there is a host of others. I would be seaching for nice papers used in printing the book as well as a very competitive price points. Any of you have such recommendations??

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Re: Digital Photo Books

The nicest looking ones I've seen are the Apple books. They're not cheap, and if I understand correctly, they're all template-based. So you don't have much design control. Steven Shore did a beautiful series of artist's books with iPhoto.

I've used Lulu.com for small paperback books. The paper/print quality is great for the price, but maybe not what you're thinking of when you say "nice." They look like color laser prints from a high end machine; they won't fool anyone into thinking the book was printed by an expensive art book publisher. And I've heard they do a much better job with color than black and white (my project was color). Black and white is very hard to get right with automated color printing processes.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Bleesz View Post
    This may not be the correct forum, so up front acknowlegements, however, what digital book companies would many of you recommend for having one's images printed up---I'm aware that Kodak offers this type of service as well as Apple's/I photo. I'm sure there is a host of others. I would be seaching for nice papers used in printing the book as well as a very competitive price points. Any of you have such recommendations??
    Check out MyPublisher.com. Good quality at reasonable prices.

Don Bryant