Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nudes in LF lenses

Re: Nudes in LF lenses

pushing it a bit for 8x10 means ?? I don't understand meaning of "pushing it a bit" does it mean "it's less then minimum" ?? Well for 8x10 i will have to wait fiew month's maby. Now I'm in 4x5 try to get my cammera completed.

Sanders McNew: Nice book

Quote Originally Posted by dellos View Post
    pushing it a bit for 8x10 means ??
    "Pushing it a bit" is English language slang that translates to "barely enough". With respect to 8x10 photography, my guess is that he's saying that because you need to use smaller apertures to get the same sort of depth of field as you would on a smaller format like 4x5, medium format, or 35mm. To offset that, you'd need stronger lighting or use faster film.

Whether that's a concern for you will depend mainly on the look you're trying to achieve. Paolo Roversi does just fine with natural and non-strobe artificial lighting, because that works well for his photographic style.

So you want to say, that Paolo Roversi don't use the flashes ?? Only stable lights from bulbs ?? I'm not so good in specific words. I know meaning of Flash light, but not sure how to say about nonflash lights...

Quote Originally Posted by dellos View Post
    So you want to say, that Paolo Roversi don't use the flashes ?? Only stable lights from bulbs ?? I'm not so good in specific words. I know meaning of Flash light, but not sure how to say about nonflash lights...
    Yes. He doesn't use (or only rarely uses) strobes for his photography. Just daylight or continuous incandescent light, like from a lightbulb. Although I imagine he's using fairly bright studio quality lights. Unless you're looking to freeze the motion of your subject, or trying to maximize the depth of field and sharpness of your images, you don't need a powerful strobe light setup.

Well I want to get maximum sharpness that's why I wanted to start working on 4x5. The 35mm is not so sharp as MF, and after fiew years of using MF I wanted to get more sharpness so LF will be now.