Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Poland

Hello from Poland

Hello All, Im writing from Poland, Eu. I'm photographer wyth about 11 years of experiense in 35mm format and about 4 years in Medium format. Right now I'm starting to work on large format, and wondering how to learn all this interesting but complex infos about using LF.

I just got my Cambo Legend 4x5 on eBay and looking for some good and cheap lenses for portrait and Nude photos be made in studio by me. Pleas give me some info about Nude photography in large format using Cambo and flash lights. I'm wondering how to play wyth my flash ligths and Cambo together.

Re: Hello from Poland

For the kind of work you envisage, simply use the camera and flash as any other small or medium format; the same principles would apply.
    Joanna Carter
    Grandes Images

UKLFPG

Are the LF lenses got the sync socket ?? I don't have lenses and that one I was looking on from my firend's don't heve the flash sync socket . On my 35mm and MF i'm using the TTL's lamp wyth just turn my studio lamp on by the photocell.

I'm right now using two 600Ws lamps and 3-4 non flash lamps for other uses.

Quote Originally Posted by dellos View Post
    Are the LF lenses got the sync socket ?? I don't have lenses and that one I was looking on from my firend's don't heve the flash sync socket
    Lenses do not have sync sockets, that is something you will find on the shutter. Recent Copal and Compur shutters definitely should be no problem.
    Joanna Carter
    Grandes Images

UKLFPG

Hmm as I understand the shutter is in the lenses ?? So it should have the sync socket or not ?? I'v got some Mamiya C and Z lenses for my RB Pro S and they've got the sync socket, well not the TTL mode's but basic for sync cable.

How is in LF ? Do I need outside shutter and if Yes what are the second hand prices and what sync time's could I get ?

Hmm as I understand the shutter is in the lenses ?? So it should have the sync socket or not ?? I'v got some Mamiya C and Z lenses for my RB Pro S and they've got the sync socket, well not the TTL mode's but basic for sync cable.

How is in LF ? Do I need outside shutter and if Yes what are the second hand prices and what sync time's could I get ?
    Take a look at Schneider's site to see what shutters and lenses look like http://www.schneideroptics.com/ecomm...y.aspx?CID=184

Because these are not focal plane shutters, they are all synchronised at all speeds.
    Joanna Carter
    Grandes Images

UKLFPG

Well the price fot shutter's is quite hight i will have to wait 1 month to collect money for this kind of stuff... that's not good

Well the price fot shutter's is quite hight i will have to wait 1 month to collect money for this kind of stuff... that's not good
    There are plenty of places that sell secondhand lenses on shutters. Look in the For Sale/Wanted section here.
    Joanna Carter
    Grandes Images

UKLFPG

Yup I will but I need to be 30 day's member of this forum to view, so I will have to wait. And In 30 days maby I will get some money for shutter and lenses...

Dear dellos,

The only things of value I can think to add is that you have to consider the reduction in apparent depth of field and adjust your exposure for bellows extension.

There are articles in the forum home page that will explain everything you need.

Neal Wydra