Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Envelope System for Quickload, ReadyLoad and Polaroid Holders

New Envelope System for Quickload, ReadyLoad and Polaroid Holders

I have just started negotiations to manufacture a film envelope system that can be used in Quickload holders (and should also work in Readyload and Polaroid holders).

Yes, it means loading the envelopes in the dark but it allows you to use any type of 4x5 cut film that you like in these holders.

The envelope is so designed that you can also add exposure notes and convert it into a storage envelope.

The system allows you to fill your own envelopes before a trip, thus needing only one holder, just as if you were using your favourite Quickload or Readyload envelopes.

Further details to follow.
    Joanna Carter
    Grandes Images

UKLFPG

Re: New Envelope System for Quickload, ReadyLoad and Polaroid Holders

Unfortunately, as mentioned in a different thread, these envelopes cannot be a true equivalent of Quickloads or Readyloads envelopes as they miss the great advantage of both of them -you will not get the dust free film in them. Pity.

Quote Originally Posted by GPS View Post
    Unfortunately, as mentioned in a different thread, these envelopes cannot be a true equivalent of Quickloads or Readyloads envelopes as they miss the great advantage of both of them -you will not get the dust free film in them. Pity.
    As I mentioned in the other thread, Quickloads may be dust free when they are manufactured but my experience is that dust gets sucked onto the film as soon as you withdraw the envelope in the camera. Just as with DDS or Grafmatics, it is down to how much dust you allow in your darkroom
    Joanna Carter
    Grandes Images

UKLFPG

I'll load mine in my clean room :-)

I reload the Quickchange system at present, but would be very interested to see a DIY single-sheet package. Good luck with the production engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Struan Gray View Post
    I'll load mine in my clean room :-)

Don't forget the clean air too...

I would buy these, dust aside, it would reduce the volume I need to carry...Evan Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Joanna Carter View Post
    As I mentioned in the other thread, Quickloads may be dust free when they are manufactured but my experience is that dust gets sucked onto the film as soon as you withdraw the envelope in the camera. Just as with DDS or Grafmatics, it is down to how much dust you allow in your darkroom
    Agreed, that's why your system will not be as dust free as the original Quickloads. One great advantage that will be lost....

Good idea - it crossed my mind too. I assume there are no patents to worry about?

I think the big advantage of QL is space/weight rather than (lack of) dust. If dust is a major consideration, I'm sure you could get someone with a clean room to load them as a service.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dixon View Post
    Good idea - it crossed my mind too. I assume there are no patents to worry about?

I think the big advantage of QL is space/weight rather than (lack of) dust. If dust is a major consideration, I'm sure you could get someone with a clean room to load them as a service.
    Sure, my town is full of people with a clean room that load film even into normal film holders, as a service.. How's the situation in your town?

Do you know GPS that you're a breath of fresh air?

You are the person that keeps everybody's feet firmly on the ground - no, actually I mean stuck in the mud. Where people are enthusiastic and have a can-do attitude, you're the one that batters them into submission by pointing out all the obvious insurmountable problems and pouring cold water on their hair-brained schemes.

The forum needs more people like you.