Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi To All. Newbie from OZ

Hi To All. Newbie from OZ

Hi & cheers to All,
    just a few details about myself,62 years young, I live in Mansfield Victoria Australia. have been involved in Photography on and off as an amature and Professional for some 40+ years, the usual Weddings, Portriats,some Commercial & PR, as well as freelance in Motorcycle Road Racing,[apart from Racing myself. ] Now my photography is for my own pleasure mostly Landscape, I have now ventured into the realms of large format
    4x5 for my Landscape work, have allways had a love of Black & white. my main gear is , a couple of Horseman LS series 4x5,s and a 4x5 Tachihara Field camera, lenses are Topcor 90mm f5.6, Topcor 150mm f.56, Schneider 210mm f5.6 for the 4x5's, roll film backs 6x7 & 6x9, polaroid backs, and Double Darks for the sheet film.I have made up a new wooden back for the Tachihara that will take my Horseman Ground glass,so I can use the roll film backs on both camera's. also made an adaptor lens board for the Horseman to take Linhof lens boards,so I can swap lenses between cameras.
    Cheers for now

Re: Hi To All. Newbie from OZ

Greetings briand, welcome from Hawaii. I guess you and Richard White are neighbors. Victoria is a great place for photography, I'll be shooting there in early October.

Hi Briand,

There's a few Victorians lurking around here. My brother has a holiday house near Merrijig, so I keep going up to the high country and one day must take my trusty Wista with me...

Marc!

Lachlan 717

G'day, Brian and welcome.

Another Victorian here! I've just got back from a business trip to the UK and need to get some fresh air.

Not sure if you can help me with something. Do you know which way Craig's Hut faces?Are the iconic shots best at first or last light? Do you know if it is accessible via 4wd this time of the year?

Maybe we need to do up group shoot up your way one day!!

Anyway, hope that you get as much from this Forum as I do.

Lachlan.

Hi again. thanks for your welcome.
    Lachlan, with regards to your queary, those Iconic shots are taken in the afternoon, but it is good in the early morning as well,you can't drive up there this time of year, its closed at Telephone Box junction, and only accessible by ski or snow mobiles, or snow shoeing if your keen. {bit far for a day walk] you can get within half hour walk by car or right to the hut with 4x4 [which I have] my personal opinion of the hut is it has lost a lot of its old charm since being rebuilt and has become very commercialized.
    [thats my little winge] there are many great places around here, a group outing sounds like a great idea. hope this answers your question,
    brian

Welcome to group therepy! I noticed that some of your neighbors are planning a group trip/shoot. If you happen to be in the area where they are (I know Austrailia is a BIG place) you might want to look into joining them. See Robert Stow's introduction post above yours.

Hi Briand,
    welcome to the forum. A group of us from the APUG website recently had an outing to the Otways, but one up in the high country would be terrific. It would be good if we could organise something while Robert Was over from Hawaii.
    Mike

There's a few Victorians lurking around here
    I'm a former Victorian...Victoria, BC, Canada, that is! Welcome!

Hi Mike:
    A group Shoot sounds good to me, will see what can de organized.anyone Interested can let me know. At the moment I'm getting ready for my first big trip with the 4x5's, I'm heading off on a 3 week trip to Mungo, Mootwingee and across to Lake Frome then to the Flinders ranges, should be back mid Sept.
    Again Thanks to everyone for thier warm welcome.

Lachlan 717

Quote Originally Posted by briand View Post
    Hi Mike:
    AI'm heading off on a 3 week trip to Mungo, Mootwingee and across to Lake Frome then to the Flinders range.
    Safe trip, Brian, and please let me know how it goes. I'm doing preliminaries for a trip to Mungo and Silverton with my Dad some time soon. Mootwingee looks like a rippa destination!

Lachlan.