Thread: Hello all !

Hello all !

Hi,

Just signed up as I have dusted my Wista field camera down and going to play with it again.

Could anyone recommend somewhere in the UK that sells old 5x4 film that aren't out to fleece you because the film isn't made anymore??

Without jumping on any fashionable photographic bandwagon, I want to hunt down some polaroid type 55 for some portrait work. I used to play around with it at college and love it. I'm keen to find the color version also type 56 ? cant remember the names now...

Thanks,

Frazer

Re: Hello all !

Welcome to group therepy and good luck at finding some Type 55...the only place I've seen any lately is on eBay and it is all out of date by now. Since I'm in the deep South of the U.S.A., I can't offer much help on reasonable 4x5 film in the UK, but Freestyle, B&H, and other mail-order shops in the U.S. are about the best way to get it reasonably over here.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Welcome to the forum. Perhaps, however, you need to do a bit of homework before you start again: 4x5 film is indeed still made; it might not be easy to find in a shop but finding it isn't difficult via mailorder. My sincere advise it for you to give up on the Polaroid aspirations. "... and love it..." = "...and LOVED it..." It was good material but it is gone. Whatever is left is probably quite dicey at this time and might be mroe frustrating that it is worth. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Fragz View Post
    Just signed up as I have dusted my Wista field camera down and going to play with it again.
    Might I suggest you might also like to sign up to the UKLFPG forums www.lf-photo.org.uk/forum ? Being a UK based group, we have a much more local knowledge and we also offer the opportunity to participate in workshops and get-togethers all around the UK.
    Joanna Carter
    Grandes Images

UKLFPG

Hi, Frazer -- welcome! A warning -- it gets addictive here. Polaroid peel apart film is still made -- by Fuji. Fuji doesn't make the positive/negative film, but they do make one or two color and black and white films.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by William McEwen View Post
    Polaroid peel apart film is still made -- by Fuji.
    I was thinking more literally when the OP asked about Polaroid film. Silly me. You are talking about "Polaroid-style" instant film... and are quite correct that Fuji makes such a product currently.

Hi all...

Myself Johns White.
    I have just joined this forum to get information on Photography.